Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think the RC-3 has some updated features like an extra button or two, but is otherwise just a new version of the RC-2. I'd assume the same about the RC-30.

You mean original drum tracks? There are drum machines, drum plugins for DAWs (I think -- probably VST plugins) and drum freeware you can download. On the loopers, many of them have several built-in drum tracks, like on the RC-2 it has a bunch...like 50 or something that you can cycle through.
I have an RC-2 and more recently, a Boomerang III. As far as drum patterns go, I am actually really enjoying NOT having any built into the 'rang. Sure having a bunch of built in patterns speeds things up, just pick one and start playing, but I found myself only using one or two of the available patterns on the RC-2 after a while, and it kind of made everything I played sound the same. Since I've been using the 'rang I've actually found myself learning more about drums because I regularly make up my own basic beats using various iPhone drum apps.