Thread: Oh no, Superswede made another backing track...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede View Post
    Wow, I love your melody! What gear did you use, nice tone But what happened to the audio quality? 128Kb?
    128kb? Darn it....I didn't see that. Have beamed that up and corrected the link above. :-)
    Thanks for the positive feedback, glad to hear you are okay with my take.
    For the sound I used as usual Line6 Gearbox software plus this time my Roger Mayer Fuzz.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice tone and playing, both of you! Plenty of finger skin-thickening slides by Jimi, which I'm a fan of.
    Maybe some day I'll have a recording solution to add to these collaborations...
    (Fender Mustang might be a cheap and decent path)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    128kb? Darn it....I didn't see that. Have beamed that up and corrected the link above. :-)
    Thanks for the positive feedback, glad to hear you are okay with my take.
    For the sound I used as usual Line6 Gearbox software plus this time my Roger Mayer Fuzz.
    Was that your JV?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah exactly, I used my Jimmie Vaughan Strat. Bridge position, tone half way down on 5, Fuzz full throttle. That's the sound I usually pick for Eric Johnsons kinda stuff. Sometimes I also use the Fuzz that's included in Gearbox. It almost sounds the same as the Roger Mayer.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)