Thread: Nfl 2011

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    It's only been 24 hours since free agency opened.
    I realize that, but with the widespread tampering that goes on, I figured there were already a number of teams that were ready to execute as soon as the lockout was released.

Hasselbeck signed with the Titans this morning. McNabb's been officially traded to the Vikings.
    Huh. I didn't realize that. That certainly gets things rolling. How much is McNabb willing to play for in Minnesota?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    How much is McNabb willing to play for in Minnesota?
    If it's his only opportunity to start for an NFL team this year I'd suspect he'll be reasonable given that he's already a very wealthy man.

I think a lot of teams are missing the boat on Vince Young.

I know he's a little questionable off the field, but a lot of that could be maturity issues and perhaps losing his first job will help him make the changes to his attitude he needs to succeed.

There is no questioning what Vince Young has done on the football field. No offense to Kolb, who I feel has a chance to be quite good, but he's proven very little while Young is a proven winner in the NFL (30-17) . Certainly he deserves a shot to start before Tarvaris Jackson.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    If it's his only opportunity to start for an NFL team this year I'd suspect he'll be reasonable given that he's already a very wealthy man.
    We'll see. McNabb is very prideful and kind of immature when it comes to business, and his agent has kind of proven to be similar in the past. I hope McNabb wakes up and realizes this is his best chance to start this year.

Also, since when does accrued earnings have anything to do with taking less money?

I think a lot of teams are missing the boat on Vince Young.

I know he's a little questionable off the field, but a lot of that could be maturity issues and perhaps losing his first job will help him make the changes to his attitude he needs to succeed.

There is no questioning what Vince Young has done on the football field. No offense to Kolb, who I feel has a chance to be quite good, but he's proven very little while Young is a proven winner in the NFL (30-17) . Certainly he deserves a shot to start before Tarvaris Jackson.
    Perhaps. I think that from the outside it's fairly easy to minimize maturity issues, but they can wreck an organization in a hurry. Think about any job you've ever had when you got along with your colleagues. Now think of the worst person with whom you've ever worked. Imagine combining the two situations. Would you willingly combine the two if you didn't have to?

I don't know. I'm just trying to understand what teams might be thinking when it comes to VY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Also, since when does accrued earnings have anything to do with taking less money?
    Yeah, that part was a bit more what I'd do if I were in McNabb's situation. Minnesota is not a bad situation for a QB to be in. They've got one of the top RBs in the league. If they can re-sign Sydney Rice they've got a good deep threat for McNabb to hit. Shiancoe is a solid pass-catching TE. He won't be expected to be the franchise QB for the next however long he's got left. It's just come in and play solid while they teach Christian Ponder the offense.

Perhaps. I think that from the outside it's fairly easy to minimize maturity issues, but they can wreck an organization in a hurry. Think about any job you've ever had when you got along with your colleagues. Now think of the worst person with whom you've ever worked. Imagine combining the two situations. Would you willingly combine the two if you didn't have to?

I don't know. I'm just trying to understand what teams might be thinking when it comes to VY.
    No doubt. I'd be wary of signing Young as well until I saw some evidence that he's learned from what he did wrong in Tennessee. The longer he waits in free agency, the more it may get through to him that he needs to make the most out of whatever opportunity he gets. I just think if he can keep his head together off the field than he can have a lot of success on the field with his skill set.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I follow NY Daily News Jets' beat writer Manish Mehta on Twitter.
    He's reporting the Jets have re-signed Santonio Homes to a five year deal.
    Now that that's settled, let's get Nnamdi in green.

Post Thanks / Like

How much is McNabb willing to play for in Minnesota?
    Re-visiting this one it occurs to me that it nay be a moot point. McNabb wasn't a free agent. He was traded to Minnesota so he's still under contract. Conceivably he could hold out for more money, but at coming off of his worst season ever, I think he plays the year for whatever he agreed to take from Washington and sees what happens.