Thread: The weekend Thread

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Friday: Spent some male bonding time with my drummer friend, playing Halo and drinking beer.

Saturday: Went to an Oktoberfest in Bethlehem, PA hosted by Yuengling. Obviously, most of the beers there were in fact Yuengling, but they also had Hofbrau original, so my wife and I downed a pitcher of that. Score. The real reason we decided to go up to the event was because part of the event included a concert by Here Come the Mummies, so we got tickets to see them and closed out the night by watching them. They were ridiculously tight and had tons of energy. I think they played for at least an hour and a half with no breaks whatsoever (like not even a pause between songs) and they were jumping around on stage the whole time. Pretty amazing for a quasi-gimmick band.

Sunday: After church, basically just hung around and watched some football on the computer, with some napping and beer-drinking multi-tasking. I guess it was a pretty beer-ful weekend. I can't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Saturday: Went to an Oktoberfest in Bethlehem, PA hosted by Yuengling. Obviously, most of the beers there were in fact Yuengling, but they also had Hofbrau original, so my wife and I downed a pitcher of that. Score.
    I have a lot of fond memories of Bethlehem. I spent my freshman year of college there.
    Incidentally, there's a Yuengling plant here in Tampa not far from where I live. Not my favorite beer but not bad.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer