Thread: How to revive this place

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would view discrediting and judgemental attitudes/posts as something negative and unwanted, but in any case, there are rules for the forum. If anyone is braking them, they get one warning and then they are banned if they continue.

In reality, what one views as negative and judgemental may seem like regular talk to someone else. For example, someone posts a picture of a guitar and another guys says "that pickguard doesn't look right". Some people may get offended by that comment, but it's fine to say, according to the rules. Another may say "the pickguard is ugly", same there. But if someone says "what a stupid choice you made choosing that pickguard", then I view that as a personal attack, and I would give a warning. If these things happen, just let me know.

I think the people were doing most of this stuff that we don't want are no longer active.

Also, I think/hope we can be adults and get along and enjoy the topics discussed.

I for one try to not respond to a thread if I think I can't contribute with something positive or constructive for the group as a whole. For example, I don't like smooth jazz, but if that topic was posted frequently and people enjoy discussing it, I wouldn't keep jumping in and telling everyone how much I hate smooth jazz.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I for one try to not respond to a thread if I think I can't contribute with something positive or constructive for the group as a whole. For example, I don't like smooth jazz, but if that topic was posted frequently and people enjoy discussing it, I wouldn't keep jumping in and telling everyone how much I hate smooth jazz.
    That's a good attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta admit I haven't posted or visited lately, been busy and focused on other things. I will post some new stuff, just bought a new bass and amp, am building a slide-o-caster, got a new Gretsch, bought and sold a couple of Reverends, so I guess some NGD's and pics are in order. I came here initially to research Hell guitars and liked reading Syo's posts...still have my Hell No 2 and love it! I always felt welcomed and never got the insults and snarkiness you get on some of the more popular forums, but like the more neighborly feel around here better. Anyway, glad to see many of you are still around, I'll stop in more often...

Now where did I put that camera...

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I'm definitely guilty of not posting around here for quite a while as well.

For me, it was a matter of just putting in a ton of hours at work... For most work days over the last year and a half, I've been getting home really late. I just haven't had time to pick up the ol' Strat, much less catch up with what was happening here. Haven't touched my guitar once in that time, and that truly sucks.

I've missed this place, and the friendly atmosphere. The itch to play is stronger than ever, so I'm gonna have to figure out a way to play at night, after everyone goes to bed. That way, I won't feel like a dork who doesn't have anything to contribute.