Quote Originally Posted by vroomery View Post
I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad the worst is over now. It sure seems like you've been a beast through all of this.

As far as the pain meds...i would probably be tempted to just take more when it started hurting haha. I guess thats probably not a good idea though.
Thanks.

As best I can tell the docs are being very conservative with my dosages, though they have gone steadily up over the last 3-4 weeks. When I went into the chemo lab this last Monday for rehydration (saline water I.V.) and was having a bad day, I could tell my chemo nurse was kinda pissed about me still being in pain, because she basically got hold of the doc and lobbied for upping my dosages. I'd been doing 50 mCg pain patches, which was in turn up from the 25 I'd been doing previously, and by the end of it the doc had OK'd me combining them for 75 (by wearing 2 patches at once, one a 25 and one a 50).

Still there's the definite possibility of having a problem tapering off. I didn't have a problem doing so after the surgery , but then I was doing hydrocodone, not oxycodone like I am now.

Cross that bridge when I burn it down, I reckon.