Thread: What's your SSS? (Surface Scratch Solution)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Fender and Meguires got together and sold a kit. I have it and it does a nice job. They have however stopped making the kit! I lifted this from a Fender forum:

I emailed Meguiars and it was confirmed that the Fender Instrument Care Kit is no longer being made. I also asked them to tell me if there were direct Meguiars brand replacements. Here is what I was told:

"Those products were a little different from our normal automotive products, but we do have some that are very close. For the swirl and haze remover, you can use SwirlX. For the polish and conditioner, you can use Deep Crystal Polish or the #7 Show Car Glaze. For the mist and wipe, you can use Quik Detailer or the #34 Final Inspection."

Hope this helps those who are looking for an alternative to the Fender branded kit.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mapka View Post
    Fender and Meguires got together and sold a kit. I have it and it does a nice job. They have however stopped making the kit!:
    This truly sucks this is what I use and work great darn.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin