Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
"He died doing what he loved" Is it always ok?

Thread: "He died doing what he loved" Is it always ok?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
    Death is final and nobody enjoy that.
    Death is also inevitable. All living things die. Unfortunately as human beings we are cursed with knowing this.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd rather die doing something I hate. Gets me off the hook for the rest of it. Like maybe dropping dead 2 minutes into an IRS audit or a root canal....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    I'm reminded of a few quotes:

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. - Thoreau

People spend a third of their lives going places they don't want to go, doing things they don't want to do - Millenium TV series.

We all should be so lucky as to die doing something we love.
    I had the Throreau quote in mind as well, but then again, it's not unusual for to be thinking about Thoreau.

Never watched Millenium, but that quote is quite good as well, particularly when you consider most people also spend another third of their lives sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    Death is also inevitable. All living things die. Unfortunately as human beings we are cursed with knowing this.
    That's pretty much the "human condition," managing to live our lives without being crippled by the fear/sadness of our impending demise; as Joseph Campbell describes the actions of a bodhisattva, "joyful participation in the sorrows of the temporal world."
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    ...as Joseph Campbell describes the actions of a bodhisattva, "joyful participation in the sorrows of the temporal world."
    Now that is a man I wish I met when he was alive. Incredible vision and wisdom. The Bill Moyers sessions were enlightening. I'll leave it at that since we don't need to get into religious/theological discussions here.