Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pretty Awesome Gig

Thread: Pretty Awesome Gig

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Haha, actually we went with all-black guitars on Saturday, 'cause that's how we roll.

Black goes with everything.

Oh, and I know fiber is an important part of our diet, but do you hafta' chew on your guitars like that, Brian?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Black goes with everything.

Oh, and I know fiber is an important part of our diet, but do you hafta' chew on your guitars like that, Brian?
    Haha, believe it or not I BOUGHT it like that. A self-styled "DIY luthier" scene bud, Shawn, built that axe and had lent it to his son (speaking of multi-generational stuff), who was in some horrible poseur aggro-emo-goth band, who proceeded to Townshend the eff outta it. Father and son had a falling out (to put it mildly) and the Tele made its way back to dad.

Shawn then contacted me when he ran out of dosh in the middle of a recording session, and offered to sell me the guitar for a Benjamin even. Given that the neck pup is a Seymour Duncan mini worth at least half that, I took him up on it, and then spent another fifty or so getting it playable and (somewhat more) presentable. It's not only indestructible, but since it's already beat to hell I can really swing it around with abandon. Last time it was gigged was an outdoor show in cold weather, about 4 months ago, where I had tuning fits with all my guitars. At one point in frustration I literally chucked that Tele off sidestage into the dirt, and it's none the worse for wear.