Thread: Nfl 2010

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't easily dismiss Raheem Morris from Tampa. He did a fine job with some young talent and will likely be a threat team for the next few years.
    This article makes some good points but it's all moot now.
    For the record, I'm a Saints guy so I have no real love for the Bucs but do have respect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I wouldn't easily dismiss Raheem Morris from Tampa. He did a fine job with some young talent and will likely be a threat team for the next few years.
    Though a lifelong Jets' fan, I moved to Tampa 19 years ago and adopted the Bucs as my NFC team. I think Coach Morris did a spectacular job as head coach this year getting the league's youngest team to believe in itself and put up 10 wins after winning only 3 games the previous season.

It appears to me that the future looks bright for the Bucs if they can make some smart moves in the next few off-seasons to address a few key needs.

What amuses me is that the one criticism I do often hear/read about Morris is that as both Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator he's not giving enough attention to being DC and the defense is suffering as a result. It amuses me because he lost out on this award to Bellichick who is also HC and DC for the Pats, a team with a defense that trails the Bucs' defense in just about every statistical category.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer