Thread: FREE gig Labor Day Eve, Sunday 9/4, Gainesville FL

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Cool hearing your voice, Brian! Cool poster, too, except The Root Doctors apparently play a new style called "ROOTS ROOK." (LOL) I'm also diggin' the pic of you reaching for the high note on the LP with Bo Diddley in the backround.

I didn't hear anything terribly political in the interview... Maybe I missed it???
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    Cool hearing your voice, Brian! Cool poster, too, except The Root Doctors apparently play a new style called "ROOTS ROOK." (LOL)
    Haha! I'd looked at that tons of times without ever noticing that. But when I magnified it, sure enough, you're right!

I'm also diggin' the pic of you reaching for the high note on the LP with Bo Diddley in the background.
    Thanks, I'm so glad the City named that space after him. It makes me proud to play there. This performance was the 5th or 6th time I've played there over the years (some of them before it was named as present), and I've always had a good time at those shows.

I didn't hear anything terribly political in the interview... Maybe I missed it???
    Hmm, it's been awhile since I heard it, I think I came down pretty hard on local developers Ken and Linda McGurn. In fact iirc I called their plans for our downtown "evil," haha. I'm pretty sure I made mention of my distaste for the Florida Governor and his cronies as well.