Thread: Hi from Adelaide South Australia

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome Cliff.

I have an M13 too. I've been gigging it for the past couple of years and I really like it. Simple to use and set up. I don't worry too much about trying to emulate anybody else's tones with it though. I get a sound in my head and then I tweak it to what I want to hear. It works great for that. It's a keeper for me. It works better at band volumes than at home in a sterile listening environment. It's too easy to nit pick it at home. On stage or at rehearsal it really shines with the amph turned up.

I hope you enjoy thefret.net.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Hi and welcome Cliff.

I have an M13 too. I've been gigging it for the past couple of years and I really like it. Simple to use and set up. I don't worry too much about trying to emulate anybody else's tones with it though. I get a sound in my head and then I tweak it to what I want to hear. It works great for that. It's a keeper for me. It works better at band volumes than at home in a sterile listening environment. It's too easy to nit pick it at home. On stage or at rehearsal it really shines with the amph turned up.

I hope you enjoy thefret.net.
    Thanks for the welcome

Yeah I suppose your right there, I am trying to set the tones in my room, But I find it to hard to get the sounds while I am jamming at the proper volume. And some of the sounds I am trying to achieve are very hard to get right as I said the Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are the ones giving me the most of a headache. But I suppose I will get there