Thread: NAD : Peavey Transtube Studio Pro 112

Hybrid View

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the Peavey.

What year, approximately, was that made?

I have a Peavey TNT 150 big, heavy, bass combo that I bought new around 1988. It is an awesome bass amp with a big speaker, a graphic EQ, and a lot of adjustability. It has some great sounds and is loud. I usually use my Fender Rumble 100 fifteen inch combo with the synchronized pulsing red light that shines thru the ports on the bottom front. You can switch the lights off, but, ironically, I dig them.

Anyway, that Peavey TNT is a remarkable bass combo. Is your Peavey from the same general era? Is it heavy?

Good luck with it. Is the feedback squeal caused by the reverb tank? Sometimes you can tape some foam directly to the metal housing on the reverb tank and it will eliminate a feedback squeal. Possibly try touching the reverb tank housing with your hand when you hear the amp feeding back and see if that cuts the squeal. It's an easy fix if that is the source of your feedback.

Cool looking SS amp. I have a mint Crate RFX 65, black tolex with gold trim, and three channels, that is a very cool sounding solid state amp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Congratulations on the Peavey.

What year, approximately, was that made?
    Maybe not 100% accurate but there's a Peavey Bandit history here. Studio Pros differ a bit as they went from a 40w with 10" speaker to 65w with 12" but the series dates are the same. Somewhere along the line the original Studio Pro layout got renamed "Envoy".
    Note that red stripes were made in the USA and China.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Peavey Duece that ive had since new in the early 80 i had the whole amp gone over you can find amps that good any more My son now plays it he just adds some punch boxes to it for the metal sound he needs