I plead guilty to old thread exhumation, but just wanted to say "thanks" to Tig for turning me on to Warmoth's custom pickguard offerings. I've bought several Strat and Tele p/g's in the past but had somehow never discovered that Warmoth did pickguards in addition to their well-known selection of guitar bodies and necks. But I was doing a Google search for "CV Strat pickguard" and, lo & behold, a link to this thread comes up!

I just picked up a Squier CV '50s Strat in LPB for cheap off eBay and wanted to change the stock white p/g for something more distinctive. While the Warmoth selection of colors and patterns isn't as extensive as many that I've seen, the cool part is how you can select the pickup and controls layouts, mounting screw number & placement, bridge cut (standard or FR), and left or right-handed orientation. They then machine the pickguard to your specifications. And the final price is VERY reasonable--mine was $28, including a $3 upcharge for the material I selected. A lot of the "off the shelf" Strat p/g's I saw ran in the $35 - $50 range! I won't tip my hand just yet on what I picked out, but it should be a real eye-catcher, I think. Will post a photo or two once the metamorphosis is complete...