Thread: Ngd!

Hybrid View

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice black P90 JP Special.

How quiet are the P90's? Does it noise cancel in the middle position? What amp are you playing it thru?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Really nice black P90 LP Special.

How quiet are the P90's? Does it noise cancel in the middle position? What amp are you playing it thru?
    Thanks! I haven't played it in a really loud sitch yet. Generally Gibson does not feature having one of the P-90s reverse-wound/reverse polarity, and I'm 90% sure that is the case with this'un. At our First Things First practice at church Tuesday night, as it so happened we're doing 3 pretty rocking songs this week, all with distortion, and it wasn't a problem. But that was just through my li'l Fender Super Champ XD (albeit also lined out to the monitors and mains). Have a big Crash Pad gig a month from tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll be playing her through the big Sovtek rig (50W tube head into a 4x12) between now and then, as well as of course she'll be the go-to for the show.

My Hamer Special's Seymour Duncan P-90s are also not RW/RP and it hasn't been a problem, so I don't see it being one with Paula either. I instinctively roll the vol off between songs if it's bothersome.