Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
BYOC Tweed Royal Amp Kit Build

Thread: BYOC Tweed Royal Amp Kit Build

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Crap, DVM, you don't mess around. Looking good!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    Holy Crap, DVM, you don't mess around. Looking good!
    Well, don't be too impressed yet! This is the easy/fast stuff. The really tedious/time-consuming/not-much-fun part is the wiring....and except for a little PT wiring, I have all of that ahead of me. Measure, cut, strip, tin, solder, repeat ad nauseum....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    ... Measure, cut, strip, tin, solder, repeat ad nauseum....
    Didn't you mention cloth covered wiring? That will make the process much easier. I did my JTM45 with it, and being able to cut to length and then just "push back" saves a bunch of wire stripping. (you probably know this already, but I'll mention it in case it helps. Make sure you use SHARP wire cutters, or trim the cloth with a sharp knife as you work, because the downside to cloth wire is that the ends can get furry really fast if you don't cut it clean.)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to see what the wire looks like this time, but the last BYOC amp kit came with cloth covered wire that also had plastic insulation underneath, so still required stripping.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!