Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 116
Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,186 to 2,204 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

For the trip home:

I think Volbeat might be growing on me. The Newsted EP is pretty cool too. Everything I said about Metal Opera Pt 1 applies to Pt 2.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Catherine Wheel - Ferment

Catherine Wheel - Chrome

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty excited about seeing him tomorrow. Last time was eighteen years ago this week actually.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to listen to this a bit more. Seems like they're going for the Empire vibe. Wonder if Spud heard anything about the whole Tate divorce thing.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post

I'm going to have to listen to this a bit more. Seems like they're going for the Empire vibe. Wonder if Spud heard anything about the whole Tate divorce thing.
    I'm still waiting for my copy. So far, everything I've heard sounds energized and fresher than anything they've done in a while. I just wish Michael would let Parker take some solos. Michael is a bit redundant as far as his guitar playing goes and Parker is a hot gun. As for the divorce...oh ya, I can certainly say that the judge is going to favor the rest of the band as far as the name goes. The fans are supporting the majority more than the single guy. Geoff can't keep musicians either, and he's really been a jerk for a while. Every time I've met him I couldn't wait to get back to the other guys. He just has a nasty vibe about him.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I've wanted for a long time. Studio-recorded Townes stripped of the over-production that marks most of his catalog. This was why I typically drifted towards Live at the Old Quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I figured that I might as well give the Tate version of Queensryche a twist. It sounds substantially less Queensryche-y than the other version of the band. It sounds more modern, Seattle-y, and grungey. Whether that's a good thing or not will be a matter of taste. Some of the solos are quite cool, albeit on the short side. The mix sounds muted, like someone turned down the tone control slightly. I've read that their label's recordings have a tendency to sound like that. The first two tracks seem to be addressed at his former bandmates. The ring on the cover with "FU" on it is about as subtle as an actual punch in the face.

I kept wondering when the rawk was going to kick in. "Everything" is about the closest.

And the re-recording of "I Don't Believe In Love" . . . no . . . just . . . don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

This is what I've wanted for a long time. Studio-recorded Townes stripped of the over-production that marks most of his catalog. This was why I typically drifted towards Live at the Old Quarter.
    I was unaware of this. Thanks!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

damn....so you wanna be a songwriter...

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

David Barrett Trio - David Barrett Trio
    Spud, you might like this one. An interesting prog-ish album but mostly instrumentals. Produced by Alex Lifeson.

Steve Lukather - Transition

Toto - Live in Amsterdam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    I was unaware of this. Thanks!
    I've only been aware of it a few weeks myself. Read enough reviews of it to believe it was more than just another Townes anthology. It's going to get a lot of play from me this summer, that much I can tell you.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    damn....so you wanna be a songwriter...

No kidding right? This is one of the tracks that most benefits from being stripped down to just Townes and his guitar. It forces you to pay attention to the lyric and his picking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Well, I figured that I might as well give the Tate version of Queensryche a twist. It sounds substantially less Queensryche-y than the other version of the band. It sounds more modern, Seattle-y, and grungey. Whether that's a good thing or not will be a matter of taste. Some of the solos are quite cool, albeit on the short side. The mix sounds muted, like someone turned down the tone control slightly. I've read that their label's recordings have a tendency to sound like that. The first two tracks seem to be addressed at his former bandmates. The ring on the cover with "FU" on it is about as subtle as an actual punch in the face.

I kept wondering when the rawk was going to kick in. "Everything" is about the closest.

And the re-recording of "I Don't Believe In Love" . . . no . . . just . . . don't.
    Last week I read an article in the local paper that a judge ruled that both groups can use the name. Seems wrong to me since the other guys started the band first and brought in Tater later.

Post Thanks / Like

Sly & The Family Stone
    There's a Riot Goin' On
    1971, Epic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Last week I read an article in the local paper that a judge ruled that both groups can use the name. Seems wrong to me since the other guys started the band first and brought in Tater later.
    This may be what you read:
    http://q13fox.com/2013/06/25/who-get...s-queensryche/

They can both call themselves by that name until the lawsuit is settled around November.

Post Thanks / Like