Thread: Brian Krashpad

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the "fun" someone else I know went through with cancer of the jaw. What do you do if your mouth no longer produces saliva? Or is it only on one side?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Sounds like the "fun" someone else I know went through with cancer of the jaw. What do you do if your mouth no longer produces saliva? Or is it only on one side?
    It's only on one side, also, some small part of the function of the destroyed one might come back. But basically it ain't gonna be right. At present it's pretty gross, all "ropey," for want of a better term. Too much mucosa content and not enough water content. I have some prescription stuff to help break it up, but it'll remain problematic methinks. Also, every night I have to put flouride in dental "trays" and soak my teeth in the flouride, uppers and lowers, for 5 minutes, in order to try to avoid cavities, and that'll continue forever. Because the radiation screws up the teeth and doing even small dental procedures is very problematic; something about having to do some sort of hyperbaric treatment or something, just to put in a filling. Ugh.

Beats a dirt nap though.