Thread: New delay pedal

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my M9 all the time, and I love the sounds in it. I have never had any problems with it, so I would recommend the M5.

I also have a DD-20 that sounds really good. I should sell it - I can't fit it on my pedalboard and I use the M9, so... If you ever see a used DD-20 for a good price, it's a really good delay pedal. The modulated delay is gorgeous.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I use my M9 all the time, and I love the sounds in it. I have never had any problems with it, so I would recommend the M5.

I also have a DD-20 that sounds really good. I should sell it - I can't fit it on my pedalboard and I use the M9, so... If you ever see a used DD-20 for a good price, it's a really good delay pedal. The modulated delay is gorgeous.
    An M5 would be an ideal solution because I could also use it for effects that I wouldn't use much, like Uni-Vibe or flanger (as well as the aforementioned reverb). I'm not really thrilled at how my EX-7's flanger sounds in the effects loop. I thought it might be because most Soldano amps have an effects loop that assumes rack gear, but the JCA22H doesn't. Any pedal should work.

It's hard to know how much to trust sites/reviews that talk about build quality. It shouldn't be a big issue for me because it will probably never leave my office. Of course, Brad Paisley tours with an M13 (and a ton of other pedals) so . . .

What do you primarily use the M9 for? Time-based stuff?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn