Thread: New album cover done!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Wait, you mean you can have old-looking photos without using Instagram?

The fact that it's an authentic 70s photo just gives it that much more punk cred.
    Haha, I'm guessing that's some program to artificially "age" images? I'm pretty tech-challenged.

The back cover is a photo of a long line of bobbies lined up along the edge of the pitch at a football match riot, taken by our drummer from roughly the same period, but in England.

Thanks for lookin fellers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Haha, I'm guessing that's some program to artificially "age" images?
    Yup, it's a free app that allows you to apply various digital filters to your image. It seems mostly used by young hipsters to make their photos look "retro" (read as "from the 70s) to a time period they artificially nostalgize having never actually lived in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, it's a free app that allows you to apply various digital filters to your image. It seems mostly used by young hipsters to make their photos look "retro" (read as "from the 70s) to a time period they artificially nostalgize having never actually lived in it.
    Ha, makes me wanna put on a moth-eaten cardigan and crack open a cold PBR, while massaging oil into my latest tat.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose eventually hipsters will have their photos painted over to look like Norman Rockwell paintings and ultimately have their photos look like cave drawings. Can't get much older school than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I suppose eventually hipsters will have their photos painted over to look like Norman Rockwell paintings and ultimately have their photos look like cave drawings. Can't get much older school than that.
    Haha, reminds one of the lyrics to the Cure's "Jumping Someone Else's Train."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Haha, reminds one of the lyrics to the Cure's "Jumping Someone Else's Train."
    Good call. This line in particular... "If you pick up on it quick, you can say you were there"

Think I may have to listen to that album today. It's been too long.