Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A Little non-Guitar Thing for ZMAN

Thread: A Little non-Guitar Thing for ZMAN

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Little non-Guitar Thing for ZMAN

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JS. I have seen that car close up. It was at our Camaro Nationals last year in Niagara Falls. I am seriously thinking of getting one. It would mean that I have to sell my 68 and that might be hard. I would love to have one of the SS models with the 6.2 litre motor. I have been following it quite closely. A couple of my friends have been working on the car at our local GM plant. They were all hush hush about the motor options. The V6 will have 304 horse power and get 29 miiles to the US gallon, probably 35 to the Imperial gallon.
    My Desktop picture is the silver one and I have had it for over a year. It really does have a lot of the 69 in it but the rear is a little bit bobbed for my liking.
    The interior has kept a lot of the 69 styling to it with modern gauges though.
    It will be an interesting launch, especially if GM goes into Bankrupcy protection.
    Sorry I didn't see the post sooner. And of course make mine Black/Black with the 20 inch Chrome wheels.
    Last edited by ZMAN; April 7th, 2009 at 12:58 PM.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Thanks JS. I have seen that car close up. It was at our Camaro Nationals last year in Niagara Falls. I am seriously thinking of getting one. It would mean that I have to sell my 68 and that might be hard. I would love to have one of the SS models with the 6.2 litre motor. I have been following it quite closely. A couple of my friends have been working on the car at our local GM plant. They were all hush hush about the motor options. The V6 will have 304 horse powre and get 29 miiles to the US gallon, probably 35 to the Imperial gallon.
    My Desktop picture is the silver one and I have had it for over a year. It really does have a lot of the 69 in it but the rear is a little bit bobbed for my liking.
    The interior has kept a log of the 69 styling to it with modern gauges though.
    It will be an interesting launch, especially if GM goes into Bankrupcy protection.
    Sorry I didn't see the post sooner. And of course make mine Black/Black with the 20 inch Chrome wheels.
    No Hybrid Camaro yet
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blazes
    No Hybrid Camaro yet
    They have an electric coming soon.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem is the 500 mile extension cord.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBio5...eature=related

The camaro was my favorite 60's muscle car. I was not a mustang guy, though I do now like a nicely restored fastback. This remake looks like they put a little GTO into the grill or something.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBio5...eature=related

The camaro was my favorite 60's muscle car. I was not a mustang guy, though I do now like a nicely restored fastback. This remake looks like they put a little GTO into the grill or something.
    Actually what they were going for in the grille was the "egg crate" style of the 69. They were called that because of their looks and they were also very fragile. If you comapre the this to the new one you can see the styling Qs that were taken from the 69. This is one I owned. It had 31,000 miles and I sold it about 5 years ago. All original power train.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I remember those and did not forget about them. A good look. The overall style gave me just a bit of a GTO feel too though for some reason, at least by my faulty memory. A buddy of mine, when we were in high school in like 79-80, had about the same year Firebird in metallic green with the blacked out grill in place of the egg crate, with the lights that rolled in. It was a cool looking car too. He had the motor and exhaust set up so that the motor would spit sometimes burning oil out the rear end for a few weeks once. His car was definitely a project. :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Blow by, nothing that a new set of rings wouldn't fix. The beauty of the newer ones is that you will have style and yet be able to drive it anywhere.
    There are some limitations to driving a 40 year old car on any long trips. They don't have a diagnostic computer if something goes wrong. Parts can be an issue also on the road. A lot of guys are doing resto-mods on their old cars and putting newer drive trains in them. You get the best of both worlds.
    I know a lot of guys can't wait to get their new Camaro. They may be a one year deal though, depending on what happens with GM.
    The Blues is alright!