Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hand-built 5F1 Tweed Champ

Thread: Hand-built 5F1 Tweed Champ

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand-built 5F1 Tweed Champ

Some of you will recognize this amp as my personal build of the BYOC Champlifier kit from not quite a year ago. This kit was designed to Fender's 5F1 Tweed Champ specs, using the finest quality materials and components available. Construction is turret board point-to-point, with vintage-style cloth covered wiring for everything but the transformer wiring. I then mounted it in a gorgeous lacquered tweed cabinet with a custom 10" speaker baffle, along with a Weber Sig 10AS 8 Ohm alnico speaker. The amp is in absolutely mint condition and just drips vintage Champ tone. See photos below. The only reason I'm selling it is that I'll be upgrading to the new BYOC Tweed Royal amp when the kit becomes available, and since that will be configured for switchable 5F1 and 5E3 operation, I just won't need this amp any more. It will be available for shipment as soon as I have the Tweed Royal built, which I would guess will be another month or so. So consider this an "advance offering".

If you add up the cost of the BYOC Champlifier kit (no longer available), and what I paid for the cabinet & speaker, you're looking at $625. And that doesn't factor in anything for the several hours I took to assemble it (and I do nice work). So I hope you'll recognize what an outstanding value it is at $400 plus shipping (US & Canada only), PayPal required. Interested parties please contact me by PM.

Last edited by duhvoodooman; October 8th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!