Thread: Anybody catch Rush on the tour?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody catch Rush on the tour?

Did anybody catch Rush on their recent tour? I really wanted to but didn't get the chance this time around. It has been too long!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MShupper
    Did anybody catch Rush on their recent tour? I really wanted to but didn't get the chance this time around. It has been too long!!

Yep. Better than they have been in years. It seems they are really having a rebirth as a band. PLaying very well.

Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* missed them this time out... hope they come a little closer next time around. Saw them in Regina, SK in '08... awesome show. I have my copy of "Beyond the Lighted Stage" on DVD to help get me through for now. On a side note, I'm almost finished Neil's "Ghost Rider" and I just watched "Anatomy of a Drum Solo" a couple weekends ago (I'm not even a drummer).

RUSH Rocks!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AudioWonderland
    Yep. Better than they have been in years. It seems they are really having a rebirth as a band. PLaying very well.
    Yep, Neil wrote something to this effect on his blog. He says that they're more relaxed than ever and playing at a very high level.

By the time I heard about the tour, the goods seats were sold out and I don't think I can do the back 40 seating anymore.

Rush has to be experienced up-close!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, if you want to see the best Neal drum solo ever, check out the Rush 25th anniversary. It is a little hard to find when you search YouTube, but once you find it, it's incredible. His best ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MShupper
    BTW, if you want to see the best Neal drum solo ever, check out the Rush 25th anniversary. It is a little hard to find when you search YouTube, but once you find it, it's incredible. His best ever.
    I thought his solo on the S&A tour of '08 was sublime. I've seen them many times and that one really blew me away like no other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Rush has to be experienced up-close!
    Nah, I was in the stands pretty far back in Syracuse, NY in September, and the show was phenomenal.

So phenomenal in fact, that between the "Beyond the Lighted Stage" DVD, and that show, my wife now is a Rush fan.

I don't think that there is any higher praise for a concert than that.

Luckily, there are Time Machine Tour videos all over Youtube.

Caravan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_3-HMQ8r4Y

Alex Lifeson talking about his amps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNih6vLAQc

Post Thanks / Like

It was my mistake. The drum solo I was referring to was the 30th anniversary tour and here it is. I like the way he mixes up the variety of rhythms while keeping a theme going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkucr1jJpQ