Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi all. Me again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all. Me again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Hi all. Me again!

Hey! I see there are still some of the familiar faces I remember for the past. I’m back, and looking to get into playing and progressing again. I have not been playing much due to other stuff in life, and because I came to a point where I was not that interested in playing if I was not playing with others. Basically, I got bored playing at home, pretty much by myself.

But with the pandemic and etc., I am now trying to reconnect with people and this part of my life, and see if I can figure out a way to connect musically with people, especially as we head into winter, and I have to leave behind as much outside time where I could safely see some people or recreate outside if we minded our distance, etc. I am looking at and have tried out, as a test anyway, JamKazam, which allows for online playing together with managed internet lag time (see my new post in the recording section), and have updated my guitar/computer interface, and am updating further options there so I can play at home, not bother the family too much, and still get some social and artistic, musical expression.

Hoping, after I work some rust off, as my playing is really not very good right now, that I can reconnect with some of you. Also hoping you all are staying safe and well.

Cheers!

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! Good to see you! I've been playing, but not as much as I might like. I just need to schedule time for it better.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

3. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Sunvalleylaw it's good to hear the good news
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

5. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, good to see you all! Great to hear Steve!

You know I can easily provide some nice jam tracks if anyone is interested. Just tell me key, tempo and style and I will deliver. Perhaps we can try a members jamming collaboration like we did eons ago?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Steve. No more band, working alone gets tedious. Happy to take part in any opportunities. Loved your band Robert, and the Hendrix chord stuff. I really need some inspiration.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

8. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    I'm with Steve. No more band, working alone gets tedious. Happy to take part in any opportunities. Loved your band Robert, and the Hendrix chord stuff. I really need some inspiration.
    Nice to hear from you, Helliot!

I am rebuilding my pedal board from scratch, figuring out my new interface and new little pedal amp with cab sims built in, band trying to get set to jam and play with people online. I also have needed inspiration. And I have decided that playing with others is a big thing for me. So, if anyone wants to try the JamKazam thing and see if we can get some jamming going, though I don’t consider myself skilled, I am in! If that is of help or inspiration, I am glad!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not set up to join a jam, but would love to hear what it sounds like, if it gets going and that's possible.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

11. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be happy to join but I guess with the different time zone that would be pretty tough
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

13. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am still getting it all figured out, and how to do it well. Also, working on getting the rust off on my playing. But will check back in on this as I keep going! it is nice to be really playing, with a goal of playing with others again.

What is less nice is realizing that in some respects, my playing is not as good as 10 years ago, as I have had a few years of doing really not much more than open chords around a campfire or such, now and then. But at least I still have an idea on what to do, and how to get back to it.

Gonna look into hand stretching too. My Hendrix style E shape barre chord needs work. I am not getting the notes fretted and muted cleanly as intended.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Hey guys, good to see you all! Great to hear Steve!

You know I can easily provide some nice jam tracks if anyone is interested. Just tell me key, tempo and style and I will deliver. Perhaps we can try a members jamming collaboration like we did eons ago?
    That would be awesome Robert ! Why don't we try to do a collab ? I can offer slide playing for change
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    That would be awesome Robert ! Why don't we try to do a collab ? I can offer slide playing for change
    Sounds fun!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to join in with whatever Works. Sounds fun.... Like olden days
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

18. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, all! I've been fortunate to be able to play pretty regularly in my church's adult praise band--mostly electric but occasionally I'll fill in on acoustic, if our regular acoustic players aren't available. It's also fun because my daughter is the band leader, sings angelically, and plays bass or electric violin. There have been a lot of changes in my gear--the stuff listed in my signature is a bit out of date--but THIS PAGE on my website is current. Used to be I was mostly a "Strat guy", but I've turned into a serious Tele addict. Got 9 of 'em now, but like I tell the wife....they all sound different!! My latest is Fender American Performer Tele with a sandblasted Daphne Blue finish and several upgrades/modifications (of course!)--you can see it HERE if interested. Love the guitar--it's my first MIA Tele, and it plays and sounds just great.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Waouh what a collection of guitars and amps Do you still have all of them or is it the guitars that you have possessed once ?
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, everything pictured on that web page is what I currently own. Like I tell my wife--I don't smoke, I don't drink excessively, I don't use drugs, I don't gamble, I don't chase women, and I don't drive expensive sports cars. But a man has to have at least one vice, and mine is guitars, amps & pedals! And I'm retired, so I actually have time to play 'em!!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

22. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Vood - nice to see you here - seems like it's been a while - glad to hear that you are able to put your collection to work! Happy retirement! Extra special that you get to make music with your daughter!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

24. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Hey, all! I've been fortunate to be able to play pretty regularly in my church's adult praise band--mostly electric but occasionally I'll fill in on acoustic, if our regular acoustic players aren't available. It's also fun because my daughter is the band leader, sings angelically, and plays bass or electric violin. There have been a lot of changes in my gear--the stuff listed in my signature is a bit out of date--but THIS PAGE on my website is current. Used to be I was mostly a "Strat guy", but I've turned into a serious Tele addict. Got 9 of 'em now, but like I tell the wife....they all sound different!! My latest is Fender American Performer Tele with a sandblasted Daphne Blue finish and several upgrades/modifications (of course!)--you can see it HERE if interested. Love the guitar--it's my first MIA Tele, and it plays and sounds just great.
    DVM! Glad to hear you've finally boarded the Tele train with us cool kids. I love my Nashville Deluxe! You can't be old enough to retire yet, can you be?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

26. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Yep, everything pictured on that web page is what I currently own. Like I tell my wife--I don't smoke, I don't drink excessively, I don't use drugs, I don't gamble, I don't chase women, and I don't drive expensive sports cars. But a man has to have at least one vice, and mine is guitars, amps & pedals! And I'm retired, so I actually have time to play 'em!!
    Hey, DVM! Nice to see you here!

As you might remember from a few years ago, i have a tele too. A modded CVC, that I put some specially wound pickups into. It is probably the electric I have played the most over the last few years, though I have to admit I had not been playing as much as back in the day.

I started up again recently though, as I said above. I just redid my pedal board and broke it into two for now. One that goes with the Concert, and one that goes more with my old Peavey. And I am getting to know both my Rodent and ZYS more deeply than I did before as I experiment a lot more with the pedals. I used to be a just find something I like, set it and go kinda guy. But now I am finding myself to be more experimental.

Going back and reading up on those old pedals too, to remind myself about everything they can do, and how your design intended for that to happen. So timely to find your post!

Cheers!

Steve/SVL
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    You can't be old enough to retire yet, can you be?
    Au contraire, mon ami! Old enough and then some!! I'll turn 70 in February!

But as they say....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast