Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Les Paul tribute

Thread: Les Paul tribute

Post Thanks / Like

Default Les Paul tribute

Hi folks,
    Been a few years since I posted as had to sell my guitar but happily
    getting back into it. Just looking for opinions on these :

https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAANM...Satin-Iced-Tea

I'm curious about the tribute lineup, not just this model.

Thanks
    Ger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguyger View Post
    Hi folks,
    Been a few years since I posted as had to sell my guitar but happily
    getting back into it. Just looking for opinions on these :

https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAANM...Satin-Iced-Tea

I'm curious about the tribute lineup, not just this model.

Thanks
    Ger
    This guy is at trizillions of Les Paul no inventivity, no innovation no sense of melody proably the worst illustrator for such a genius like Les Paul
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had tried a Tribute before, but I also thought that they were much cheaper than that. The one I played was one of those with a satin finish and had a gold top. I personally prefer and non-gloss finish on the neck. I think you'd really have to go to a store and try them out for yourself. (Update: I tried a Les Paul Tribute T which apparently has been discontinued)

I didn't like the Les Paul I tried because I can't get over the neck joint. I love the way they look and sound but coming from super strats, it's hard to get high up on the fretboard. I now know why so many have a long strap and play with its neck right in the air.

What guitar did you have before?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes View Post
    This guy is at trizillions of Les Paul no inventivity, no innovation no sense of melody proably the worst illustrator for such a genius like Les Paul
    I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguyger View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean?
    Never mind my bad, I thought you were speaking of a Musical tribute to Lespaul done by this guitar player. Now I realise that you were talking about the name of teh model sorry for the confusion
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Hey GG, they are GREAT guitars. I bought my Gold Top Tribute circa 2012. LOVED it because of the tone and the lightweight kindness to my back. I had a local artist "pin-stripe" binding to the body and neck a few years later, also replaced the satin with a high gloss finish like the standards have. Love it even more!

[IMG]Gibson Les Paul Goldtop by Pete, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete