Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Send Prayers, Good thoughts, Mojo, etc. to Brian Krashpad
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Send Prayers, Good thoughts, Mojo, etc. to Brian Krashpad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Send Prayers, Good thoughts, Mojo, etc. to Brian Krashpad

I am taking a moment to post this here, as Brian Krashpad was a regular fixture here a few years ago, and has been a friend to many here. He had some neck cancer 5 or so years ago, and has been undergoing some reconstructive surgery to his jaw, due to complications from all the radiation he went through. It has been a very bumpy road with a lot of pain, but he is seeming to do well now, post surgery. The surgery was just completed today. There are more details on his facebook page, but that is the gist of it. Just thought I would make sure his friends here knew and sent him all the love, mojo, prayers, etc. they can.

Get better soon Brian!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

All those things sent from this part of the world. Best to Brian.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

3. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brian - I hadn't realized that the recovery process has been so on-going. You are a class act, continuing to live your life, do your good work, play music - you are a real mensch, as they say! I'm glad to hear that you've come out of this last bout with things looking good. Many good thoughts and prayers on your behalf - we need more like you. Best wishes,

Ted
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

5. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Today's update from Facebook, and his wife Kim Cook:

10/9/15, 9:16am: Brian Krashpad will stay in ICU another night. The plastic surgeon wants to monitor the sounds of Brian's arteries and veins for another 24 hours. Even though they sound great, they said they don't trust them to work on their own until day 3.

They will put a feeding tube into Brian's stomach today. The ENT said Brian would be more comfortable that way, so they will take him to radiology to do that.

The ENT was able to see the flap today and said it looks good.

They are actually going to try to get him into a chair, and they're going to try to get him walking this afternoon. He's NOT looking forward to this.

They just walked in to do that now. Here we go.

Someone commented with the hashtag #KrashpadStrong
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap.......had no idea that Krash was going through all of this. Oh man!! Prayers and mojo going from Philly to Gainesville.

8. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Brian, you'll be brand as new after this.

You are an awesome person! Go Brian!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

10. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts & prayers for you, Brian--may our good Lord's healing hand be upon you!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

12. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sorry to hear about all of this! Radiation can really cause significant damage. It's pretty much the definition of "necessary evil." It's my prayer that your recovery will be complete and quick!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

14. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From Brian himself this morning via Facebook!

So, in the words of the Ramones, IT'S ALIVE ! I reckon Kim has already filled you in on a lot, bless her heart. If ever anyone was deserving of sainthood, it's that woman. Still in ICU but will be transferred to a regular room today. Tottally lost almost 24 hours at the start on Wednesday morning, remember being in preop and the next thing there being a clock in ICU saying 7:30. Nose feeding tube out, Doppler wires to hear the the veins/artery pumping disconnected. Yesterday I sat in a chair for a couple hours, and took a few steps. Yesterday evening I got a feeding tube put in my stomach so i I can get back some much needed weight, was getting perilously close to 120, which is about 15 pounds shy of where I should be. But fot now, Bayern Moenchengladbach and Man City. Looking from forward to the Gators tonight. Much love, my friends.

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

16. Likes davewrites liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A positive sounding update from his wife Kim:

Update, 8/11/15: Yesterday Brian Krashpad was transferred out of ICU. They took him off of Ketamine and put him on oxycodone, instead. It has really knocked him out--so much so that they're considering giving him a lower dose more frequently.
    Brian was able to walk around the hall some, and today the goal is for him to do that two or three times. They've called for a physical therapist to come work with him.
    The flap looks great, and that was one of the biggest concerns.
    The plastic surgeon said he would most likely be released tomorrow or Tuesday. Today they're going to start teaching me how to clean his incisions and take care of the three drains, although a case manager will be coming by to explain the home health care they're setting up for him.
    He's up to 128 pounds, so whatever they're putting in that feeding tube is working! smile emoticon
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Total best wishes to you.

I hope your pain is not too great. I have had to endure way too much pain after surgeries, without much pain meds. You'll be way more peaceful at home.

Good luck.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I completely miss this thread, I'm so sorry to hear that you've passed through this difficult times Brian but I wish you sincerely the quickest recovery possible and to be able soon to make your guitar sings ! prayers and thoughts to you and your family !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Krash.......glad to hear you are doing so well. Did you have any hallucinations while on Ketamine? Very powerful stuff if given in large doses.

My daughter had massive amounts of Ketamine during her medically-induced comas in Germany (2008) and Mexico (2013) to combat her RSD/CRPS. So glad to see they are using it here in the States. Heck, if it's good enough for farm animals it ought to be good enough for us. haha

Prayers and mojo to you Krash.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that, I always liked what Brian had to say around here. Prayers sent.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

And here I am typically late to the party. Prayers for you Brian!! You are one stronged willed individual! I am sure you will pull through this with the same fortitude and conviction you have everything else. But for now... "take the drugs man!"

Post Thanks / Like

Late myself, and not so active, but read this and wanted to send my best wishes to Brian. I hope you're doing well and wish you speedy recovery.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mucho mojo grande for a speedy recovery, Brian!
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a few months and I've found myself thinking about Brian lately. Any news on how his recovery has progressed?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    It's been a few months and I've found myself thinking about Brian lately. Any news on how his recovery has progressed?
    He's recovering from the last jaw surgery and appears to be doing better. I get his Instagram pic's and updates. I'm not sure if you can see anything without being a member, but here is his Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/krashpad/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast