Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Brian Krashpad - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Krashpad

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're on the mend, Brian.

All the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez man I missed all that too. Hope you have a speedy recovery

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks fellers. Here's a pic of coming home to Casa Krashpad after the last radiation therapy session, with the radiation mask that held me in place:

Here's one of my techs and the zapper they blasted my neck with:

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the "fun" someone else I know went through with cancer of the jaw. What do you do if your mouth no longer produces saliva? Or is it only on one side?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Sounds like the "fun" someone else I know went through with cancer of the jaw. What do you do if your mouth no longer produces saliva? Or is it only on one side?
    It's only on one side, also, some small part of the function of the destroyed one might come back. But basically it ain't gonna be right. At present it's pretty gross, all "ropey," for want of a better term. Too much mucosa content and not enough water content. I have some prescription stuff to help break it up, but it'll remain problematic methinks. Also, every night I have to put flouride in dental "trays" and soak my teeth in the flouride, uppers and lowers, for 5 minutes, in order to try to avoid cavities, and that'll continue forever. Because the radiation screws up the teeth and doing even small dental procedures is very problematic; something about having to do some sort of hyperbaric treatment or something, just to put in a filling. Ugh.

Beats a dirt nap though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brian, glad to hear you doing as good as you are. I haven't been on the Fret in a couple of weeks had not heard your recent happenings. Just know that we're praying the cancer is gone and you will heal completely. MAJOR Southwest Georgia MOJO is coming at ya, Bro!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brian, sorry to get in on the mojo train a little late, but good thoughts and vibes sent your way from Oregon. Hopefully the worst is over now. We're all thinking about you, brother!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks Sean and Ronnie Beth!

It's been a very interesting adventure to say the least. Just glad the surgery and treatment is all behind me now. Wish that the side effects from the treatment went away immediately, but unfortunately that's not how it works, haha.

Thank goodness I have lots of pain meds, because I can sure tell when a dose is wearing off. Right now I'm on a transdermal pain patch that's supposed to be for every 3 days, but I'm changing it (on doctor's orders) every two days instead (fentanyl 75 mCg), plus 10 mg of oxycontin pills every 4 hours, plus lidocaine/maalox mouth rinse every 2 hours. I literally keep a running list so I can keep track of all the dosages and coordinate them for doing the least work in re-dosing, and avoiding missed dosages or overdosages.

Who'da thunk staying doped up would take this much work?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad the worst is over now. It sure seems like you've been a beast through all of this.

As far as the pain meds...i would probably be tempted to just take more when it started hurting haha. I guess thats probably not a good idea though.
    http://www.justinjeremias.com

Highway One Tele > Korg DT-10 tuner > GGG ITS8 (langraff) > BYOC OD2 Mosfet > GGG Tremelo > DD7 (with tap) > Modded DL4 > Dunlop Volume > Hot Rod Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vroomery View Post
    I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad the worst is over now. It sure seems like you've been a beast through all of this.

As far as the pain meds...i would probably be tempted to just take more when it started hurting haha. I guess thats probably not a good idea though.
    Thanks.

As best I can tell the docs are being very conservative with my dosages, though they have gone steadily up over the last 3-4 weeks. When I went into the chemo lab this last Monday for rehydration (saline water I.V.) and was having a bad day, I could tell my chemo nurse was kinda pissed about me still being in pain, because she basically got hold of the doc and lobbied for upping my dosages. I'd been doing 50 mCg pain patches, which was in turn up from the 25 I'd been doing previously, and by the end of it the doc had OK'd me combining them for 75 (by wearing 2 patches at once, one a 25 and one a 50).

Still there's the definite possibility of having a problem tapering off. I didn't have a problem doing so after the surgery , but then I was doing hydrocodone, not oxycodone like I am now.

Cross that bridge when I burn it down, I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I've been following along, admiring your courage, resolve and your ever-present remarkable gift of humour, even in the face of such adversity that would bring most people, myself included, literally to their knees.

So while I'm late to pipe up, I nonetheless wish you the very, very best of outcomes ahead and a speedier than expected recovery.

mick
    ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad View Post
    Brian, I've been following along, admiring your courage, resolve and your ever-present remarkable gift of humour, even in the face of such adversity that would bring most people, myself included, literally to their knees.

So while I'm late to pipe up, I nonetheless wish you the very, very best of outcomes ahead and a speedier than expected recovery.

mick
    ^^
    Thanks Mick! Actually I am very fortunate and have a lot less to contend with than some people undergoing the same treatments. I'm younger and in better health than many such patients, plus I had plenty of weight so that a weight loss would not necessarily endanger my nutrition/health. Also I'm a non-smoker.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayin' that the rough water is past for you now, Krash, and you've got smooth sailing ahead! Your optimism and good humor throughout this ordeal has been inspirational.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post

Dude, call Men in Black, Ghostbusters, or Chuck Norris...
    There's a ghost alien tryin' to steal your mail!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear you are doing well. You are an inspiration.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cross that bridge when I burn it down...
    I think that might be one hell of a song lyric right there....
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post

Dude, call Men in Black, Ghostbusters, or Chuck Norris...
    There's a ghost alien tryin' to steal your mail!
    Haha, that made me laugh!

Every time I see that pic though, all I can see is what a wreck my front yard has become in the past few months.

Here's a better pic, albeit a stock shot, showing what the masks look like up close:

In the pic previously posted, of the zapper machine, you can see the black plastic headrest piece that the mask clamps onto. It holds your head in place very exactly so the dose goes just where it needs to go. I now have 2 very distinct "stripes" going down my face which very clearly delineate where the entry and exit radiation fields were. I'm told that these stripes will fade over time, which would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    I think that might be one hell of a song lyric right there....
    Haha, yeah I'll have to work it into my as-yet unwritten post-cancer masterpiece, "Pain In the Neck."

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, yeah I'll have to work it into my as-yet unwritten post-cancer masterpiece, "Pain In the Neck."
    Brian, I can't believe that here you are in the midst of this cracking US up.... ! God Bless you, man - keep on keeping on!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast