Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Finally got my xaviere!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my xaviere!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally got my xaviere!

Hey everyone, after pre ordering my xaviere xv-820 over a month ago, it finally came yesterday! I am really excited about it, and will be posting pictures very soon, probably to this same thread. I also will be giving as much of a review as I can, which should just be fun for me to try out. First I need to get the neck adjusted, its got some minor fret buzz going on. But other than that, this is a sweet guitar!
    It's got six strings, right? What more do you need to know?

Guitars: Breedlove passport D20, Ibanez SR400, Xaviere XV 820
    amps: Yamaha DG-60
    musical experience: drummer/ lead singer in punk outfit --> drummer/guitar/singer in psychedelic jam-band --> drums/bass/guitar/singer in folk band --> drummer/ lead vocals in experimental band http://www.myspace.com/adnascentia --> guitar/ lead vocals in indie band http://www.myspace.com/itsanoreaster

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cotton,

First off, congratulations. These guitars have a lot of love at their price range. I have an XV870 (strat model) and just sent the neck back to Jay at GFS due to uneven frets -- I don't know how to correct myself. The fret buzz was more than minor! While I guess you need to expect some issues with guitars in this price range, you don't expect the terrific customer service provided by Jay and the folks at GFS. That goes a long way in my book!

I look forward to your review.
    -Steve

Guitars: Carvin BoltPlus-T, Floyd Rose DST-3, Xaviere XV870, Fender Acoustic
    Amp: Vox AD50VT 212, V-Amp 2
    Pedals/Effects: Wasabi Overdrive, HellBabe Wah, Digitech Hot Head, Danelectro Fab Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll tell you what, I'm going to post a video here of me just playing it, with the fret buzz, and you guys can tell me how major it is, I don't know anything at the moment about taking care of guitars, or setting them up. If it's something major, I can always send it back, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

musical experience: drummer/ lead singer in punk outfit --> drummer/guitar/singer in psychedelic jam-band --> drums/bass/guitar/singer in folk band --> drummer/ lead vocals in experimental band http://www.myspace.com/adnascentia --> guitar/ lead vocals in indie band http://www.myspace.com/itsanoreaster

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats i hear good things about Xaviers
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scgmhawk
    These guitars have a lot of love at their price range. I have an XV870 (strat model) and just sent the neck back to Jay at GFS due to uneven frets -- I don't know how to correct myself. The fret buzz was more than minor! While I guess you need to expect some issues with guitars in this price range...
    I bought & tried out two of the "budget brands" that were highly touted on this forum and was disappointed with both. They've been relegated as "back of closet" dwellers.

Lesson is always this:
    Buyer beware
    Ya get what'cha pay for (generally)

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket, which brands did you try out? Did you spend some time tweaking them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood King
    SX (Essex) & Douglas... both from Rondo. Junk... I refuse to throw good money after bad.
    Eventually I'll exhume them and give em away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood King
    I'm curious also......... perhaps for different reasons.
    If they were highly touted here, maybe someone here would purchase them from you, if they're taking up closet space.
    EDIT....... Rocket, I see you've answered while I was asking. Thanks.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Because I'm a principled man, I wouldn't sell either to anyone I might have to look in the eye someday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Because I'm a principled man, I wouldn't sell either to anyone I might have to look in the eye someday.
    Fair enough..... I have a couple like that myself. I tell myself they may get morphed into one playable guitar eventually, but realistically I doubt it ever happens. They may be good for a few spare parts, at best.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard and seen from this Xaviere so far, it sounds pretty good, and the neck is pretty darn nice. To be honest, I'm a poor college student, so for now, this should do fine. But compared to some other tele knock offs that I've played, this is great. I haven't gotten to play either of those rondo ones, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I will be posting some pictures/videos soon. We have band practice tonight, so hopefully we can get at least pictures. My wife took some pictures of me playing this morning when she saw the morning sun shining down through the window onto the guitar. She's a photography major at Columbia, so she was all over that.

Also, an update on the fret buzz: I stretched out the strings a bit and re-tuned, and messed with the tuners, and that somehow has helped a bit. But, as I've read about the xavieres prior, the tuners are pretty low quality. If it's too bad I'll get them replaced. As of now, it's not too big of an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Xaviere club and congrats a lot! I play my Xaviere XV-700 at least 5 hours every week and loving every minute of it! Jay at guitarfetish.com is a winner to sell these remarcable good guitars!

Keep bending thoose strings

Cheers from a fellow Xaviere buddy!

http://www.box.net/shared/98vcftv8s6

My baby!
    Steffe

Samplitude 11 ROCKS!
    Thanks to
    Eric Clapton - Jonny Lang - Eric Johnson - Paul Gilbert
    Albert King - BB King - David Gilmour - Joe Bonamassa

and all other guitarheroes out there!

Post Thanks / Like

SX (Essex) & Douglas... both from Rondo. Junk... I refuse to throw good money after bad.
    Eventually I'll exhume them and give em away.
    I think the big issue with some of the bargan brands is consistency, as in consistency in quality control.

I have only one SX and it's a good one. Now, that either means that I was lucky, or Rocket was unlucky. Either way, it can be compared to a crap shoot. The one thing that Rondo has in their favor is an easy return policy.

I have three Agiles from Rondo and they're all good. There were some problems reported by several people at the Agile forum regarding the last model I bought, but mine is not only good, it's the best of the three Agiles I own. I am really happy with it. Again, was I lucky and others not, and just what is the percentage of "lucky" buyers to "unlucky" buyers of any particular model? I don't think we'll ever know, but a buyer twice burned (such as Rocket) is not likely to be a happy camper nor have anything good to say about the products he bought or the company he bought them from. In that same situation, we'd probably all react as Rocket has. It's understandable.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    I think the big issue with some of the bargan brands is consistency, as in consistency in quality control.
    Exactly. This is the biggest risk factor I've seen. And it's not just in these "bargain brands" but also in the economy lines from the big names. I picked up a couple of Squier '51's at my local GC a couple of years back that were garbage. But others here have had great luck with them--even pro's like Chuck D'Aloia! Lots of variability....

I have two of the Xaviere's now--a Strat copy and a Tele clone--and both are solid instruments. Not perfect, no--you don't expect perfection under $200--but remarkable for the price. Both have excellent necks, the most important single feature to me. The controls & pickups are very good, as well, and finishing quality is just amazing. Weaknesses? The tuners are just fair and the cavity shielding is pretty much non-existent. At some point, I'll probably replace the former and go after the latter, but both play just great. And Jay & his team at GFS are great to deal with and really stand behind their products.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    . And Jay & his team at GFS are great to deal with and really stand behind their products.
    What's their return policy? Time limit and shipping policy?
    It"s evident Rocket won't sell the crap ones, could he return them and take a chance on getting something decent? (though I doubt he'd do it at this stage in the game).
    I just know it sucks buying something sight unseen, especially after glowing reviews, then having it turn out to be pond scum. Been there, done that.
    Guitars
    Amps
    Pedals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    The one thing that Rondo has in their favor is an easy return policy.
    Well, when I contacted Kurt at Rondo and let him know of my disappointment, he informed me that the best he could do is remove me from Rondo's mailing list.
    Apparently that "easy return policy"... is a very selective process!

I don't think we'll ever know, but a buyer twice burned (such as Rocket) is not likely to be a happy camper nor have anything good to say about the products he bought or the company he bought them from.
    Correct!
    (But I still smile a little when people buy from him and write the glowing reviews.)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, when I contacted Kurt at Rondo and let him know of my disappointment, he informed me that the best he could do is remove me from Rondo's mailing list.
    Really? Surprised to hear that, based on other things I'd heard about Rondo. How long after your purchase did you contact him, Rocket?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast