Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Mack Gem sound clips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mack Gem sound clips

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mack Gem sound clips

Mack amps have a new little amp in the works. Check out the fresh sound clips
    http://www.mackamps.com/sound-clips-gem/
    Sounds pretty awesome! :
    I will have one in August! :

Features
    - Single EL84, TRUE Class A
    - 4 or 0.4 watts - ZERO tone change at low volume
    - Rehearsal, small gig, studio, bedroom - big amp tone!
    - Clean headroom (no kidding!), crunch, high-gain rock tones - versatile!
    - Tiny - stow it in your carry-on bag
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable! You lucky guy. The soundclips are awesome. The first LP tone clip is a killer. I want one, too!!!!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the saturated, sweet gain at talking volume (or whisper) has me drooling...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool looking little amp :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Great, Robert! Man, .04 watt! Now THAT should handle my apartment nicely! I might be talking to Don soon, after all, Roberto!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Robert........the GEM is just a head, right??? There's no speaker in that lil thing, right? I didn't see mention of one anyway. Damn, that is one sweet sounding lil amp though. Geez!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!

It's Don Mackrill here, the Mack in Mack Amps.

The Gem in the photo is indeed a head - no speaker in there!

A combo version of the Gem will be coming soon. It features a 14" W x 16" H x 8" D open-back cabinet with a 10" Eminence Patriot Ragin Cajun speaker. The sound clips were recorded using the same speaker in the new 1X20 OB open back speaker cab - it's the same size as the combo cab and it will be launched in the next few days.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
    Don Mackrill
    Mack Amps
    www.mackamps.com
    Virtuoso Tone Without The Prima Donna Price

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amphead
    Hi everyone!

It's Don Mackrill here, the Mack in Mack Amps.

The Gem in the photo is indeed a head - no speaker in there!

A combo version of the Gem will be coming soon. It features a 14" W x 16" H x 8" D open-back cabinet with a 10" Eminence Patriot Ragin Cajun speaker. The sound clips were recorded using the same speaker in the new 1X20 OB open back speaker cab - it's the same size as the combo cab and it will be launched in the next few days.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
    Woah! Very cool! Robert and thefret.net have good friends in high places! Don must be one heck of a good guy, Robert...just like you told me he was!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Don IS a heck of a good guy... why else would I affiliate myself with Mack amps!

Don's customer service is incredible, and he really goes out of his way to make sure his customers are satisfied with their Mack products. I speak from first-hand experience, and I am not saying this because I am an endorsed Mack artist. I'm saying this because that is how I've been treated as a customer - with top notch service and professional, courteous attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Small correction!

The new open back cab is a 1x10!

Previously, I indicated it was a 1x 20!

If anyone knows of a 20" guitar speaker I'm interested!!

Don
    Don Mackrill
    Mack Amps
    www.mackamps.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amphead
    If anyone knows of a 20" guitar speaker I'm interested!!

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHA!

The Gem would look like a peanut beside that cab... but I'd love to hear what it would sound like!

We tested the Gem prototype extensively using a Marshall 4x12 loaded with V30s and it sounded awesome!! More drivers, more fun!

Thanks!
    Don
    Don Mackrill
    Mack Amps
    www.mackamps.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kind cool--looks like an old-school lunchbox! Unfortunately the latest version of the Linux flash player makes the clips sound stuttery and weird. I'll take it on faith that it is 1000 lbs of compressed awesome.

I was also glad to see that Don spelled "amph" properly in his username.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Marnold, I had that Flash audio file problem too. I went to the Adobe site and installed the latest Flash player and it solved the problem for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool amp, Don. I like it. :

I had an 80s Super Champ that used the 6C10, which is three 12AX7 triodes in one bottle. The use of the 6AC10 is particularly cool. I know some of the guys on the AX84.com site tried using the 6C10 but there was too much gain available and their amps squeeled. The lower gain 6AC10 seems like a much better option. :

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Marnold, I had that Flash audio file problem too. I went to the Adobe site and installed the latest Flash player and it solved the problem for me.
    I've already got the latest Linux version. I'm hoping they've got a newer one coming out because I've had other performance-related issues with this one.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Amphead........will your GEM be able to go into ANY Ohm speaker or just certain ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    Hey Amphead........will your GEM be able to go into ANY Ohm speaker or just certain ones?
    If you dig a little deeper into Robert's Mack link, the specs say it will handle 4, 8 or 16 ohms w/o damage to speaker(s) or amp...
    bigG

Guitars:

www.swartamps.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks..........How the heck did I miss that??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast