Thread: Line 6 M9 video review and demo

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line 6 M9 video review and demo

I spent a lot of time yesterday getting to know my little friend, the M9. I love it!

Best effects unit of 2009 - probably the coolest piece overall for the year, I must say (shared with the M13 perhaps). Here is my video review and demo. You know me - it's a long video!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds great!

Robert, that was a very pro demo, and sounded great.
    Two thumbs up on a fantastic job.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, love the new demo format on this. Excellent pedal - you managed to give a taste of every effect which was great. When you think that each of these effects can then be tweaked to taste you realize how flexible this unit really is.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! I am going to watch that tonight!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Robert. I recently traded out a bunch if pedals for the M13. It's unbelievable! I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I'd love to show off the Marshall too.

Glad you're having fun with your M9!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is a killer unit, either the M9 or the M13.

Click on our affiliate ads and buy one, guys!

I'll have to come over for a visit some day soon, Rylan. Would be great fun.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool demo,It is a great unit,its going to take me a while to figure it out and I still have a sweet spot for my pedals,like my Rabid Rodent I got from Vood.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Cool! I am going to watch that tonight!
    Just finished watching. Definitely on the list to acquire at some point. The question will be the 9 or the 13 then. I am leaning used 13 at some time down the road. Good demo for sure! I would love to see some Line6 time with your Suhr also to hear the unit with single coils as well.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

awesome
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

I've really enjoyed the m13, but have no point of reference since it is my first and only pedal.

Wondered how you think the Screamer and Wah effects hold up to the others that you reviewed on your YouTube clip?

Dave

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to play with it more to answer those questions, Dave. I'll be back (like Arnold said).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djmcconnell
    Wondered how you think the Screamer and Wah effects hold up to the others that you reviewed on your YouTube clip?

Dave
    I can say from the point of view of a long time conventional wah user of many types and an M13 owner that the wahs in the M unit sound as good and/or better than conventional wahs for a couple of reasons. 1. they are easilly tweakable which is not something that you can do with all conventional wahs. 2. they don't suffer from the same issues of dirt and wear on the components as conventional wahs, no scratchiness. 3. they are smooth and predictable. 4. it is easy to place an M wah at any point in the signal chain. Not so with a wired and mounted pedal.

Now the one glaring problem with the M series wahs is that the controller pedals do not have the same feel or sweep as a conventional wah. Mostly they are longer. Some people might like that especially if they have not grown accustomed to conventional wahs. For me it feels strange so I use one of my conventional wahs in front of the M13 and I'm very happy with that.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yes, it is a killer unit, either the M9 or the M13.

Click on our affiliate ads and buy one, guys!

I'll have to come over for a visit some day soon, Rylan. Would be great fun.
    umm Right? scaring up four bills right now(given the situation) would be a long shot at best
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb