Thread: 0.25 watt PP amp

Post Thanks / Like

Default 0.25 watt PP amp

Well not sure if this should be posted here or with the pedals but this is a low watt push pull amp I have running and am tweaking. I attached some pictures of the little guy next to my coffee mug.

PS Just to add the final amp will have a three position gain switch, gain control, tone control, volume control, speaker out and line out. Inside will be a built in speaker load so the amp can be used with just the line out for an overdrive box. An external in/out footswitch box will need to be used if you need to switch between overdrive and clean but that will keep you from stepping on the amp.
    Last edited by jim p; May 29th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim p
    Well not sure if this should be posted here or with the pedals but this is a low watt push pull amp I have running and am tweaking. I attached some pictures of the little guy next to my coffee mug.
    That's awesome! Post samples when it's done .
    I see you're using WIMA metal film caps, excellent choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sound clip of the amp

Here is a sound clip of the amp played through a Weber Signature AlNiCo 8 inch speaker. The preamp tube is a 6112 the output tube a 6111 output transformer is a Triad 230 VAC / 6.3 VAC power supply transformer. Maximum Watts out of the amplifier is 0.25 Watts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default finished amp

Here are some pictures of the amp

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great, Jim! Very cool amp. Congratulations.
    Guitars: Charvel/Jackson CSM-1G, DeArmond M-75, DeArmond Starfire Special, DeArmond S-73, Epiphone Collegiate UK, Squier 51, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, Harmony Sovereign, Taylor 310, Takamine 12 string, SX thinline, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez JTK30,
    Amps: Earth Sound Research G-2000 Super Guitar head into Avatar G212H cab, Fender Sidekick 20 Chorus, Peavey Classic 20, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Express 112, Fender Super Champ XD, Vibro Champ XD
    Effects: Digitech EX-7, Digitech RP-250

Post Thanks / Like

cool project..

The first tube amp I built was the "Firefly"

It runs a 12AU7 power section for an output of about 0.75 watts...

Sounds good
    Bow

What are these strings for?

Post Thanks / Like

Default the second one

Had parts for three so this is the second amp with a different paint job then the first. Going to look into doing a 1 watt or better SE amp using a 5902 pentode in a box just over twice the size of this one next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim p
    Had parts for three so this is the second amp with a different paint job then the first. Going to look into doing a 1 watt or better SE amp using a 5902 pentode in a box just over twice the size of this one next.
    Excellent stuff, Jim!
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!