PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Williams (Former MLB Star turned musician)

R_of_G
April 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Some of you baseball fans may remember Bernie Williams as the superstar center fielder for the New York Yankees from 1991-2006. In addition to his wealth of athletic skills, Bernie is also an immensely talented musician. A classically trained guitar player, Bernie plays classical, jazz and several other styles of music.

Yesterday Bernie took part in the opening of the new Yankee Stadium by playing his arrangement of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". This is a video of his arrangement (though not the live version from yesterday)

rZS-HpY3Dts

Here's a clip of Bernie playing with the Allman Brothers Band at the legendary Beacon Theatre in NYC...

HOcV9zccABg

Here's a bit more of a jazz/funk context...

ihSP5D2GsXw

Now let's see one of the Red Sox do that!

wingsdad
April 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Now let's see one of the Red Sox do that!

Bronson Arroyo tried a few years ago...:puke: That's why we let him go to the Reds. (Cincinatti, not Moscow.)

Bernie's awesome. :AOK: While with the Yanks, he toted an Ovation on the road, I believe.

Hey...how 'bout Barry Zito? ;) Wonder if he went from the A's to the Giants so he could busk around Fisherman's Wharf...

just strum
April 18th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Bernie is a class act.

R_of_G
April 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Bronson Arroyo tried a few years ago...:puke: That's why we let him go to the Reds. (Cincinatti, not Moscow.)

:rotflmao:
I thought the Red Sox let him go because of the stupid cornrow hairdo. :D

And yes, Strum, I agree, Bernie Williams is and always has been a class act.