PDA

View Full Version : Found (actually re-found) some cool song lessons

sunvalleylaw
April 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
This site (guitarnoise), and this guy David Hodge, lay out some nice easy and more intermediate song lessons. I found it when I was trying to improve how I wa trying to play "Old Man" by Neil Young. The lesson is here:

http://www.guitarnoise.com/lesson/old-man/

He gives some written music, some clips of how it sounds, and good explanation. On "Old Man" it is his own interpretation, and is not identical to how I observe Neil playing it in old vids or to the "Harvest" sheet music I have, but he gives some different ways to approach the song, and explains well some rhythm peculiarities about the intro, some ways to strum and/or arpegiate it, and encourages you to improvise or tweak it from there. It looks to me that there are a lot of good lessons for other songs too. I give him :AOK: :AOK: for taking the time to construct and post such nice lessons!

just strum
April 26th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I forgot all about this site. I remember using it early on and after looking at it again, realize it is still a handy site to still use.

Gil Janus
April 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the link - that site looks to have some really interesting lessons about particular songs. I'll have to investigate it some more and see how I do following his lead - so to speak :thwap:

Gil :cool:

tot_Ou_tard
April 26th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks Sun!