PDA

View Full Version : okay im tired of looking now...

ibanezjunkie
May 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
ive decided im going to committ to saving to buy yet another amplifier, this time, all tube and alot more powerful than 5 watts.

can someone tell me if an amp like this exists please:

50 watts
all tube
4, 8, 16 ohm speaker outs
preferably a head not a combo
mains and standby
a power select switch so i can switch to half power or something
£200-£300 preferably, would go a little over

input people !! :)

mrmudcat
May 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hey bro whats that translate to in lowly greenbacks:rotflmao: They have been blowing out the peavey windsor halfstacks for $399-499 not sure if it meets your specifics.It isnt versatile but a cheapmans plexi .Would sound nice through your marshall cab not sure what the windsor cab sounds like;)

ibanezjunkie
May 17th, 2009, 02:58 PM
i looked at the peavey windsor, i only find one problem...its single channel.

thats something i forgot, its preferable, but not essential, but id like 2 channels

ibanezjunkie
May 17th, 2009, 03:00 PM
the windsor is only a couple o' notes off of the price of the valveking. i have valveking GAS.

mrmudcat
May 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Yea I was price scanning and seen that.A peavey classic head 30 watt or 50watt might be nice.Take your time they are offering so much on the cheap these days.I wish I was young and had all the choices to choose from for $300-$500 or so.Even better things at $500-1000:thwap:

Have you looked at carvin stuff .

ibanezjunkie
May 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM
ive had a quick look but the postage from the US to the UK is almost as expensive as some of their amps.

TS808
May 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM
The Fender Bandmaster at 40 watts might suit you...it's a bit more at $649 but it has two channels and the gain gives you everything from smooth overdrive to a marshall style distortion. Reviews have been pretty good.

Jimi75
May 18th, 2009, 01:43 AM
the windsor is only a couple o' notes off of the price of the valveking. i have valveking GAS.

The Valveking was the one I wanted to suggest. It's a very good amph with lots of RNR spirit! :rockon:

ibanezjunkie
May 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
since its almost summer, and i never spend money in the summer, cus i spend my whole summer holiday down the rivers and stuff near my house. i figure ill try and spend like none of my money until like october. i should be loaded by then

i guess ill most likely sooth my valveking GAS. or have a look whats on ebay once ive got a fair amount of cash together.

ibanezjunkie
May 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM
just out of interest, does the VK head have a solid state or tube rectifier? GAK doesnt seem to have that in the specs. id assume solid state, which in my opinion is preferable cus i cba to retube the rectifier aswell.

markb
May 18th, 2009, 04:36 PM
just out of interest, does the VK head have a solid state or tube rectifier? GAK doesnt seem to have that in the specs. id assume solid state, which in my opinion is preferable cus i cba to retube the rectifier aswell.

The VK has a solid state rectifier. But then you play harder styles (metal, etc) so you'd probably find a valve rectifier a bit too spongy. FWIW, Marshall have used diodes for rectification since about 1968.
As for rectifier valves needing replacement, I sold a 1970 Fender Vibrolux two years ago and I'd swear it still had the original GZ34 in it. It was certainly the same one that was in there when I bought it in 1990. They almost never fail.

Tibernius
May 19th, 2009, 03:46 AM
ive decided im going to committ to saving to buy yet another amplifier, this time, all tube and alot more powerful than 5 watts.

Have you checked any of the Bugera amps? A bit over £300 and 120watts each.

From the clips on Youtube my favourite's the 333. Closest I've heard to a Mesa Dual Rectifer:

http://www.dv247.com/invt/54858/

ibanezjunkie
May 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM
well, im gonna just hide away the pennies for a while, then see whats on offer. there could be like some, amazing new tube head released thats ideal for me.

ibanezjunkie
May 19th, 2009, 10:27 AM
ive made a list of all the suggestions ive gotten, and im gonna save the pennies and browse ebay.