PDA

View Full Version : Free Fender amp t-shirt deal!

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
The Fender website makes it seem like you have to go to your local Fender dealer and "test-drive" a Fender amp to get a free t-shirt, but... not so!

Call musician's friend with the code they give you after watching a 3 minute video and they send you a t-shirt. Dunno if this has been posted but I haven't seen it anywhere.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/soul-of-tone

I just did this and it took maybe 5 minutes. They even ship it to you free, and you can pick the size of the t-shirt. They put you on Fender's mailing list, but I was already on that anyhow.

Enjoy your free shirts, brothers and sisters!

tunghaichuan
June 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Krash. :AOK:

On the one hand, I don't know if I want to become a corporate tool/walking billboard for Fender, but OTOH, I like free stuff. :D

My greedy nature won out.

tung

The Fender website makes it seem like you have to go to your local Fender dealer and "test-drive" a Fender amp to get a free t-shirt, but... not so!

Call musician's friend with the code they give you after watching a 3 minute video and they send you a t-shirt. Dunno if this has been posted but I haven't seen it anywhere.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/soul-of-tone

I just did this and it took maybe 5 minutes. They even ship it to you free, and you can pick the size of the t-shirt. They put you on Fender's mailing list, but I was already on that anyhow.

Enjoy your free shirts, brothers and sisters!

Heywood Jablomie
June 29th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Well, that was painless, and one can never have too many T-shirts. Thanks!

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Krash. :AOK:

On the one hand, I don't know if I want to become a corporate tool/walking billboard for Fender, but OTOH, I like free stuff. :D

My greedy nature won out.

tung

Since I'm the proud owner of a '66 Super Reverb and numerous Fender guitars and basses, I didn't have a prob with it. But don't forget, you can always cut off the tag and wear it inside out!

Rocket
June 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM
On the one hand, I don't know if I want to become a corporate tool/walking billboard for Fender, but OTOH, I like free stuff.
I'm already a walking tool and endorse Fender... may as well get a freeB-T.
(Experience with MF predicts it won't show up anyway!)

sunvalleylaw
June 29th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I was going to go get a new one next time I was at GC, but now I don't have to deal with the paperwork, and can just do my customary wankin' on their stuff next time I go in and not have to do the paperwork with them.

The guy at MF tried to talk me into a deal on a '65 Princeton (($659 down from the "normal" price of $1060, I am not sure if it is a real mark down or not), but no go for me today. Just the T-shirt thank you! :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I'm already a walking tool and endorse Fender... may as well get a freeB-T.
(Experience with MF predicts it won't show up anyway!)

Well MF isn't really doing the shipping, they come direct from Fender, so unless they botched typing your name/address you should be good.

I've bought a batch of things from MF with no problems, although nothing in the last several years. Never mess with stuff that's not in stock though, that's a real black hole with them.

just strum
June 29th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I have one from my guitar test drive.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture.jpg

Maybe I will add to the collection of one.

street music
June 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I have been WAITING & WAITING & WAITING- Fender told me they were out of the shirts at this time but that I should receive mine soon.

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I have one from my guitar test drive.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture.jpg

Maybe I will add to the collection of one.

That's the back, right?

Their "make history" campaign is the one that my micro-tiny photo is in one of their print ads.

just strum
June 29th, 2009, 03:43 PM
That's the back, right?

Their "make history" campaign is the one that my micro-tiny photo is in one of their print ads.

Rolling Stones on the front of this one. Stones - Shine a Light.

just strum
June 29th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I ordered mine - 2 to 3 weeks (eyes roll)

No free amp or Strat though.

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Rolling Stones on the front of this one. Stones - Shine a Light.

Ah, OK, that makes more sense. I didn't see anything about anything being on the back of the Soul of Tone shirts.

sunvalleylaw
June 29th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I have that t-shirt (with the Stones) after the last time I did this program. I used to get all my t-shirts from running races when I did them. Now I get them this way!

pes_laul
June 29th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I didn't get mine. I didn't know what to do after I called them.

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I have been WAITING & WAITING & WAITING- Fender told me they were out of the shirts at this time but that I should receive mine soon.

Yeah, I've heard it can easily take over a month.

For what I paid, I can't complain!

;)

tot_Ou_tard
June 29th, 2009, 05:48 PM
The guy at MF tried to talk me into a deal on a '65 Princeton (($659 down from the "normal" price of $1060, I am not sure if it is a real mark down or not), but no go for me today. Just the T-shirt thank you! :AOK:
Seems like a decent markdown to me.

The MF guy wasn't pushy when I just called for the t-shirt. he only said that they were authorized to give me a deal. I said no thanks.

just strum
June 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM

I was waiting for a sales pitch, but the guy took my info and thanked me for calling.

If he would have said "Hi, Billy Mays here for Fender...." I would have freaked, just freaked.

Brian Krashpad
June 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM

The MF guy wasn't pushy when I just called for the t-shirt. he only said that they were authorized to give me a deal. I said no thanks.

Sasme here. Ambivalent non-specific pitch.

I told my gal I already had a vintage '66 Super Reverb, so I was set for Fender amps.

Perfectly pleasant exchange. They're nice for Yankees.

Perfect Stranger
June 30th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I've been waiting over 2 months for mine....nada!

duhvoodooman
June 30th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I spoke to a very nice young lady, and mine is one the way (in however long it takes....). She asked if I had bought from MF before and I answered "several times." She said "Great!" and didn't try to sell me anything. Painless process, better than I expected....

sunvalleylaw
June 30th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Kris, you just tell them you want to take advantage of the Fender T-shirt offer and give them the code that popped up in the vid window after you watched the vid. It is only good for two hours so you probably have to re-watch.

Rocket
June 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I'd be interested if it's the same "code" for everyone.

Edit: Got my answer... I ran the video again and got a diff code.

sunvalleylaw
June 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM

Same deal, just a quick offer. If I was looking for a nice little tube amph, I might have looked into that deal more closely.

street music
July 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
I received another reply today from FENDER that they are out of the shirts and it could be 6 weeks before they can replenish their supply. Maybe they didn't expect to ship so many out.

just strum
July 1st, 2009, 04:52 PM
I received another reply today from FENDER that they are out of the shirts and it could be 6 weeks before they can replenish their supply. Maybe they didn't expect to ship so many out.

I don't recall being asked for an email address - how are they contacting you?

tunghaichuan
July 2nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
The nice young lady I spoke with asked me if I wished to purchase any of tha amphs shown in the video. I replied that I was pretty well set as I build my own. She didn't know what to say to that :rotflmao:

I spoke to a very nice young lady, and mine is one the way (in however long it takes....). She asked if I had bought from MF before and I answered "several times." She said "Great!" and didn't try to sell me anything. Painless process, better than I expected....

street music
July 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
I emailed them and Ed Treat replied back to me, they got my email from my card and my new guitar and amp purchases.