PDA

View Full Version : Good night of jamming.

Kazz
September 27th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Not too long ago Birv2 posted his Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion pedal for sale and G.A.S. hit me hard so I treated myself to a birthday present....finally got around to playing with it today set it up with the also recently acquired VOX AD30VT and set about to see what we had here.....I bought the VOX back in July and this was the first extended period of actually playing it since I got it. I ran through all of the amp models to check the amp out but settled in on the 80's UK setting and plugged the Jekyll and Hyde in to see what flavors could be added....using my now 4 year old Greg Bennett Avion I found a tonal space that was just pure heaven for about an hour of just raw noodling. I have not had this much fun with a guitar in quite some time.....very nice to be able to roll the power setting back on the AD30VT to half power or even less to and still get some nice sounds out of it without risking hearing loss or ticking the Wife off during the NASCAR race that I usually watch with her :rockon:

I still have to run through the other pedals...but I can see allot of fun to be had with just the Jekyll and Hyde and a Wah pedal.

mrmudcat
September 27th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Great to hear I almost bought that myself..... great deal from birv!!!

birv2
September 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Glad it's working out for you! I like to see my gear go to a good home.

Bob