PDA

View Full Version : A couple new gadgets

Radioboy950
December 1st, 2010, 10:08 PM
Just arrived today...
The MXR Carbon Copy & The Hermida Reverb Pedal.
Clips coming, but just a few quick thoughts.

The Hermida Reverb, in my opinion, is the bast bang for the buck.
Alf builds nice stuff, including, of course, the Zendrive.
$99 bucks (power supply included). One knob. That's it. Just like twisting a reverb knob on your amp. It does not suck tone or color your sound. I'm running it through the amp's effects loop. Bought mine used from a TGP member.

The CC analog delay. Nicely built. It's really a beautiful looking pedal.
The only other delay I've owned was a cheap digital delay, which was too harsh for me. To my ears, the MXR analog is warm and creamy. It does slightly affect your tone, especially when using more gain from the amp, but that's the nature of analog. It sounds more "natural" or organic going through the amp's effects loop versus the front of the signal chain. Either setup is cool, but I loved the subtle spatial vibe using the loop. There's a warm richness to this pedal. If you like bright digital delays, the warmth of analog is quite different, and it may not be for you. I dig it.

Jimi75
December 2nd, 2010, 06:07 AM
You will love the MXR Carbon copy. It's one of the most natural sounding delays!

otaypanky
December 2nd, 2010, 07:12 AM
You just reminded me, I need to fiddle with the internal trim pot on my CC. I got it a few months ago and don't use pedals much, so I never tried any other setting.

Jimi75
December 2nd, 2010, 07:22 AM
You just reminded me, I need to fiddle with the internal trim pot on my CC. I got it a few months ago and don't use pedals much, so I never tried any other setting.

It's one of the pedals that you always leave on, once you have dealt in the right sound for you.