PDA

View Full Version : B52s review

NC Zeppelin
January 11th, 2011, 06:46 PM
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B-52-LS100-and-LS412A-Half-Stack?sku=482088) ive been playing guitar for 3-4 years and this thing is the most awsome thing ive even been able to control ha. sitting it in my room, its on a 2 and on a 4 when no one homes makes your ear ring when standing in front of it. sound quality is a 11 out of 10!. they say this is the poor mans marshal, but for the money, its worth it. STOP buying combo amps if you read this, out of my experience they break down on you or you will be sick of them. after buying this there is no turning back. who agrees with me?

Beerman
January 11th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I had the Line 6 III 30 watt for less than 6 months before I got rid of it. A friend kept telling me my guitar was out of tune but it wasn't. As crazy as this sounds, some settings on the thing actually made my guitar sound out of tune! I would unplug and put into my friends Fender and Marshall and it sounded fine but as soon as I plugged back into the Line 6, it sounded out of tune.
I did test it with a similar guitar at Guitar Center where I bought it with a number of guitars but never did give it a true work out there. Someone who played acoustic at a church bought it for $100 and has been happy.

Katastrophe
January 11th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I've played that exact half stack at GC a couple years ago. I was very surprised at how good it sounded. It got really loud, too, to the point that the salesman was screaming, "DUDE!" :flamemad:

I usually don't do that sort of thing, but the Slayer riffs were getting to be a bit too much in there.

Take a look at the B52 tube amphs, too. Some great, complex tones to be found there as well. I dug it.

oldguy
January 12th, 2011, 07:49 AM
That's what I paid for my So-Cal half stack. They are awesome as well.

grungemaster
January 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
ROCK LOBSTER! Oh, that B-52; sorry.