PDA

View Full Version : Happy Family Day

just strum
February 17th, 2008, 09:03 PM
For those up north that observe it:

Happy Family Day - Feb 18, 2008

ted s
February 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
thanks Strum, actually, my belief is that it is just bullshit election bait, but I'll take it !

just strum
February 17th, 2008, 09:09 PM
thanks Strum, actually, my belief is that it is just bullshit election bait, but I'll take it !

I didn't know anything about it until Friday. I have some critical parts that are suppose to ship out of Georgetown and Friday they tell me about the Holiday. I refer to it as "Don't Ship to AeroControlex Day" (the company I work for).

Hey, if you get a day off, enjoy it. In fact, I'll observe it tomorrow too.:D

Algonquin
February 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Family Day has been in effect in Alberta for quite some time now.

The glorious computer company that I work for was good enough to retract one of our fiscal 2008 allocated days off. (to make up for the extra day off)

The Government giveth.. the the 'two consonant' computer company taketh away.

I smell a sick day coming on!

Brian Krashpad
February 18th, 2008, 08:36 AM
It's Presidents Day here in the states. Public school is out and I'm guessing there will not be mail service, but a lot of people working for private companies (like me) do not get the day off. :(

Enjoy Family Day, Canucks! :D

marnold
February 18th, 2008, 08:41 AM
It's Presidents Day here in the states. Public school is out and I'm guessing there will not be mail service, but a lot of people working for private companies (like me) do not get the day off. :(
Schools around here would normally be in session, but we got a foot plus of snow yesterday so every school district in the area is called off.

In honor of the quasi-holiday, I give you: The Presidents of the United States of America!
_sj_U6vObUA

luvmyshiner
February 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM

I hear ya' Brian. CB's got the day off, but went into the office anyway because she's a workaholic. I'm the old fashioned kind of "aholic", so I'm sitting here in the office wishing I had a drink!:beer:

Happy family day y'all!

Robert
February 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys, I'm enjoying family day today!

just strum
February 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I took off to be with my other family - the SG and the ARC300 (the Dot is in for set-up).

Matt, enjoyed the video.

Childbride
February 18th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Happy Family Day, y'all! :D :beer: