PDA

View Full Version : PayPal User Question

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM
For those of you that use PayPal to receive payment, can someone explains to me how it works? If someone pays me through PayPal, how do I actually receive the money?

Reading the PayPal site, all I can tell is they send me an e-mail, but how does the money actually get to me?

It's probably a dumb question, but I can not find the answer.

Dreadman
March 1st, 2008, 10:11 PM
You have to link a bank account to your paypal account. Takes at least a few days for confirmation. They take a fair percentage too.

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 10:30 PM
I have an account for paying for items and I went on to set up for accepting payment. When I completed putting in the e-mail address to be used and my e-bay account sign on name, then there was a pop up that stated I was set-up. It never asked me for an account number.

My ad shows pay by PayPal preferred, so I have no idea what's going on. I guess I will see if I can get a hold of someone tomorrow.

Dreadman
March 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
Any funds you receive go into your "paypal account", just like it's a bank account. Look for the "transfer funds" link to get it from paypal into your associated bank account.

Dreadman
March 1st, 2008, 11:21 PM
I just checked.

Once logged into paypal look for "withdraw" then "transfer to bank account".

Lunaray
March 2nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
Dread is right, whenever somebody pays you for something, it goes directly into you Paypal account. With the stuff that I've sold on eBay, it's instantaneous (within a few minutes), now if I want to transfer funds from my Paypal account to my bank account, that's a different story, that might take 2 or 3 business days.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to consider applying for a Paypal debit card (it's free), that way you have instant access to your Paypal funds just like you have with your regular checking account.

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Got it, thanks guys.