PDA

View Full Version : Holy Croc

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Yesterday I'm reading the local paper while eating a sandwich and I see an article about local building permits. Once a month they note the total value of building or improvements submitted for permits in the town.

It is not uncommon to see a store or two at our outlet center. A large number of name brand stores selling overstock or out of season clothes and merchandise. A neat little shopping area that draws in a lot for the local economy.

So as I'm reading the list of construction projects I notice one store going in by the name of Crocs. I think to myself, do they actually have Croc stores? So this morning my daughter tells me she gave her hours at the grocery store she works at to a co-worker and she was going up to Crocs to apply.

My daughter tells me how she hates her current job and the drive and wants something close to the house (the outlet is 3 miles from the house). So I ask "what type of store is it?" and she replies "Oh, it's a shoe store, you know, the one that sells those goofy shoes".

So, Crocs is about to overtake the Strum household. I think SVL is playing a part in this gradual takeover of footwear.

luvmyshiner
August 9th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a conspiracy to me Strum. Are you sure the CIA isn't involved?:eek:

warren0728
August 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM
tell her the job probably isn't all that it's croc'd up to be! :rotflmao:

ww

dan P
August 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Sounds like a sure way to receive a good discount on your footwear..!

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Sounds like a sure way to receive a good discount on your footwear..!

She gets a discount at the grocery store. Don't see myself wearing Crocs and even if I did, I'd only be buying one pair. Now, steak, lobster, lunch meats..., I don't stop at one.

Spudman
August 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM
If they follow in the footsteps :D of Best Buy and start selling guitars too then you'll know SVL was behind the whole thing.

just strum
August 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM
If they follow in the footsteps :D of Best Buy and start selling guitars too then you'll know SVL was behind the whole thing.

Bam!!! you just hit on something, that's what the outlet center needs, a music store. Lot's of young kids with money go to that place.