PDA

View Full Version : Groovin' with Dolphinstreet

Robert
August 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
I finally got a few moments to hook up my Toneport for the first time to my MacBook Pro today. I haven't recorded anything for many months...

Here's a little groove I quickly jammed over:

http://www.box.net/shared/0jf1cimkzq

Gets boring to play over the same thing over and over - more than 2 minutes on this and I start to run out of ideas...

Spudman
August 31st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Cool as always. But you need to turn the track up a little.

And yes the challenge is to keep idea rolling. Try thinking thematically instead of riffmatically.

sunvalleylaw
August 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Cool Robert!

Robert
August 31st, 2008, 08:11 PM
Is my guitar low volume, or the whole track?

I never think it terms of riffs, actually. Still, when the track is one static part like this, it can be hard to find interesting ideas.

Moshe
September 1st, 2008, 05:29 AM
Is my guitar low volume, or the whole track?

I never think it terms of riffs, actually. Still, when the track is one static part like this, it can be hard to find interesting ideas.

I think just your guitar volume is low. Sounds great otherwise.:beer:

Jipes
September 1st, 2008, 06:10 AM
Sounds like a modern funkified version of the Meters Great tone Robert :bravo:

SuperSwede
September 1st, 2008, 07:41 AM
Nice track Robert!

The guitar could have been louder (and played through a real spankin plexi ;) )

Jimi75
September 1st, 2008, 08:32 AM
I find your guitar track flows perfectly into the backing track. Maybe volumes could be adjusted a little, but regarding playing, grooving and sound quality I give you 10 out of 10 points!

:)

Robert
September 1st, 2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks! So the guitar tone is good, eh? It's the Toneport with my Strat, using the Super Lead 100 model with the stompbox distortion model added for extra gain. Since I don't have the real thing, I have to simulate! :)

SuperSwede
September 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
I have to simulate! :)

But a Marshall would Stimulate ;)

Actually your guitar tone is awesome ! :rockon:

helliott
September 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Tone and playing are awesome, as noted. Bit of boost on the lead track would help. Too bad that BT doesn't have a middle eight or something to change it up, it's a very cool groove. Your Strat at work here?

Robert
September 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Helliot! Yes, it's the Strat with the Marshall Super Lead model in Gearbox. A bit of distortion stompbox modeling added in.

Algonquin
November 18th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I've got to pay more attention to the individual sections and stay away from the 'most recent' button a bit. It's too easy to miss great threads like this one and all the others posted here.

Sounds great Robert! Thanks for posting :AOK:

Robert
November 18th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks! Listening to it again, I think I should redo it! :thwap:

M29
November 18th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Sounded great Robert it flows right in there. I hear the git on the left only maybe panning it to the right as well would bring it out enough, it don't need much. In my humble opinion of course:D

oldguy
November 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'd missed this before too........sounds great!