PDA

View Full Version : was thinking of shiner and cb

warren0728
September 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
so i'm watching anthony bourdain - no reservations and he was in waco, texas....hanging out with ted nugent....shooting guns and eating lots of red meat....and i thought of our fretter friends out near waco! :beer:

gotta love this board! :bravo: :pancake: :AOK:

ww

luvmyshiner
September 1st, 2008, 01:18 PM
Warren, that is hilarious. We've been watching the "No Reservations" marathon all day, and when Ted took Tony to the Rusty Star BBQ we both looked at each other and said "where the hell is that?" I just googled it and turns out it's actually just outside of Waco in a little town called Speegleville (literally about 5 miles outside of Waco). I think we're going to give it a shot next week.

warren0728
September 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
cool (i wondered if you guys had ever been there)...hopefully it is as good as it looked....if i ever get out to visit you two (which i would love to do) we'll have to go there! :beer:

i'm a big anthony bourdain fan! :master:

ww

Childbride
September 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM
warren, chez shiner is open to you and yours anytime, buddy... :D :D :D

you can play your picks of the herd. ;)

luvmyshiner
September 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
warren, chez shiner is open to you and yours anytime, buddy... :D :D :D

you can play your picks of the herd. ;)

Ditto, but ya have to wash your hands before strummin' on Trogdor.:D No tellin' where those hands have been.:rotflmao:

piebaldpython
September 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hey Warren,
Where in Central Florida are you pal?? We just back from two weeks in New Smyrna Beach on a beachfront timeshare!!! ahahaah We spent 3 days in the EYE of Tropical Storm Fay. 40 miles south of us got 25 inches of rain, we got 5 or 6. Whew!!! Hey, listened to FM 96.5 on your radio dial down there and LOVED that station. Damn, good rockin' music from our halcyon days.

warren0728
September 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hey Warren,
Where in Central Florida are you pal?? We just back from two weeks in New Smyrna Beach on a beachfront timeshare!!! ahahaah We spent 3 days in the EYE of Tropical Storm Fay. 40 miles south of us got 25 inches of rain, we got 5 or 6. Whew!!! Hey, listened to FM 96.5 on your radio dial down there and LOVED that station. Damn, good rockin' music from our halcyon days.
i'm a little north of orlando...lucky you didn't get shark bitten in new smyrna (it's the shark bite capital of the world) :thwap:

i listen to 96.5 a lot....always brings back memories! :rockon:

hey...was baby python with you....how is she doing?

ww

warren0728
September 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Ditto, but ya have to wash your hands before strummin' on Trogdor.:D No tellin' where those hands have been.:rotflmao:
lol....i'm not tellin'! :pancake: :beer: :rotflmao:

ww

piebaldpython
September 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Hey Warren,
Somebody got bit just about every day we were down there. Nothing serious, but stitches to another member of the populace was common. Neither of us even ventured in past our ankles. ahahahhaha
We had a blast down there and ate some fabulous dinners. It was a 2 week long THIRD "second" honeymoon for us. Baby Cobra stayed home and she had a good time too. She had friends to hang out with and relatives to check on her to make sure she was OK. NO parties at our house and she is extremely responsible. Lucky us!! ahaahha
The nature highlight of the trip was when we were walking near the dunes at Ponce Inlet, and not 50-75 feet from where we stood, we saw 7 manatees frolicking in the high tide waters for 30 minutes. AWESOME!!

luvmyshiner
September 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Hey Warren, did ya' notice what beer Tony and Ted were drinking at the bbq place?:beer: :beer:

warren0728
September 6th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Hey Warren, did ya' notice what beer Tony and Ted were drinking at the bbq place?:beer: :beer:
yep....i should have mentioned it....shiner! :beer: not sure which flavor though....

ww

luvmyshiner
September 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
The yellow label is the original Shiner Bock. The stuff I first fell in love with!:beer:

tot_Ou_tard
September 6th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I'm a big Anthony fan...I've never seen the CB & Shiner episode. ;)

warren0728
September 6th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'm a big Anthony fan...I've never seen the CB & Shiner episode. ;)
the title of the cb & shiner episode is "u.s. southwest"

ww

tot_Ou_tard
September 6th, 2008, 09:32 PM
the title of the cb & shiner episode is "u.s. southwest"

ww I thought it was Petticoat Junction.

http://simpsonitos.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/petticoat_junction.jpg

Shiner's on the upper right, CB's on the lower left.

Anthony Bourdain's dinner is on the plate in the middle.

Childbride
September 6th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I thought it was Petticoat Junction.

http://simpsonitos.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/petticoat_junction.jpg

Shiner's on the upper right, CB's on the lower left.

Anthony Bourdain's dinner is on the plate in the middle.

sorry, Tot, i'm a blonde. with brains. but you made me laugh. :D :D :D

tot_Ou_tard
September 7th, 2008, 07:03 AM
sorry, Tot, i'm a blonde. with brains. but you made me laugh. :D :D :D So you're the one second from the left at the top & Shiner is Uncle Joe with the hat & bowtie in front of "Dinner".

I must be the second from the right on the top. You can tell from my conductor's hat.

All ABOOooooaaaaAARD!