PDA

View Full Version : The imac is dead - LONG LIVE THE IMAC!

SuperSwede
December 29th, 2008, 02:54 PM
My dear old friend (the iMac) died a couple of days ago, and I havent been able to log in to the fret since then.

The iMac shut down itself during a brownout and I couldnt get it to reboot after that...

But....

I have now a new partner in crime with a lovely aluminium finish. :bravo:

mrmudcat
December 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
nice welcome back brother:beer:

ted s
December 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
SS, how old was the iMAc ?

just strum
December 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I was convinced they never die - this comes as disheartening news and shatters my dreams.

Glad I still have my Commodore 64

Spudman
December 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM

You know what we say - no picture = no existie
Lets see that baby.:drool:

SuperSwede
December 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.box.net/shared/tyy9hceg8e

warren0728
December 29th, 2008, 04:23 PM
sweet swede! :beer:

and for the record i still have my original imac from 1998....so that's 10 years old....

and i gave my dad an ibook from 2000....it's 8 years old and he uses it every day!

SuperSwede
December 29th, 2008, 04:59 PM
It was a 2005 model but it needed a new motherboard which costs more than I would like to invest in a three year old computer.

sunvalleylaw
December 29th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I have a very similar one in aluminum, now one year old at home. It is what I record on. My paralegal uses the white model otherwise much like it at work, and I am on the lampshade style G4 right now. We have a grape colored original style one at my mother-in-law's that gets used sometimes for light internet and whatnot. Good machines! :AOK:

markb
December 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I have a very similar one in aluminum, now one year old at home. It is what I record on. My paralegal uses the white model otherwise much like it at work, and I am on the lampshade style G4 right now. We have a grape colored original style one at my mother-in-law's that gets used sometimes for light internet and whatnot. Good machines! :AOK:

That grape "football" iMac must be the contemporary of a Pentium II Windows machine. And they say Macs are expensive :thwap:

tjcurtin1
December 29th, 2008, 08:33 PM

What kind of finish is that?! Hey, we speak English on this forum...er, well, Ameriglish...

ted s
December 29th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Maybe that should be a lovely aluminum swedish ?

markb
December 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Maybe that should be a lovely aluminum swedish ?

No, definitely aluminium :cool:

SuperSwede
December 30th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Heh.. I forgot, its spelled aluminium in swedish and obviously aluminum in Americano. My bad...

oldguy
December 30th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Heh.. I forgot, its spelled aluminium in swedish and obviously aluminum in Americano. My bad...

Well, however you spell it, congrats on your new partner, Swede, it looks really sweet!:beer: