Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
F/S: Another Klone....

Thread: F/S: Another Klone....

Post Thanks / Like

Default F/S: Another Klone....

SOLD!! Thanks for looking....

As mentioned in THIS POST, I bought a couple of PCB's from a forum member over at the BYOC forums who had designed his own layout for the Klon Centaur circuit. He ended up selling about 100 of them, and now has a second "group buy" in progress for a similar quantity. They're selling well not only because of the almost mythical reputation of this boost/overdrive circuit, but also because the PCB's are very high quality double-sided, thru-hole boards. I didn't think I was going to have all the parts and time to finish the first of my two builds for a while, but it all came together late last week and I finished the first one on Saturday. Haven't started the second one yet, but that will be the one I keep for myself, and I have some modification in mind.

Circuit-wise, this pedal is identical to the Sunking I sold here last week in the above linked thread, and a direct, true-to-the-original clone of the Klon. However, it's a step or two up aesthetically from that very plain metal box. This one uses the slightly larger 1590BB enclosure that I bought from Mammoth Electronics, with a really nice metallic gold powdercoat paint job. The layout and color scheme were selected as a nod to the original gold Klons that now command astronomical prices on eBay and elsewhere. (If you want to see what the original looks like, look HERE.) See photos below. The pedal is available for purchase just as you see it for $135 plus shipping--one-tenth of what that one on eBay is going for, but same circuit and same great tone. PayPal only. Contact me by PM if interested. For an additional $15, I will decal and clearcoat the pedal, as well. Again, it will stick to the Klon theme--I can provide a mockup graphic by e-mail, if you'd like to see what I have in mind.

Photos:

Last edited by duhvoodooman; April 30th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

** BUMP **

Would rather sell it here than FeeBay. Willing to drop price to $120 to sell to a fellow Fretter....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That's some mighty fine work on the guts of that, DVM. I must say though...something is missing. Perhaps some black epoxy over everything would really take it to the next level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Very fine guts indeed but shouldn't they be encased in a big glob of epoxy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I must say though...something is missing. Perhaps some black epoxy over everything would really take it to the next level.
    Obviously, I have "nothing to hide!"

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Obviously, I have "nothing to hide!"
    I always assumed that the coward goop is what held in the mojo.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

The goop isn't to keep the mojo in, just to keep prying eyes out. Besides, to quote music electronics guru R. G. Keen: "There is no such thing as "mojo"....in the physical universe"--a sentiment that I fiercely embrace. Tough to lock in something that doesn't exist to begin with....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    The goop isn't to keep the mojo in, just to keep prying eyes out. Besides, to quote music electronics guru R. G. Keen: "There is no such thing as "mojo"....in the physical universe"--a sentiment that I fiercely embrace. Tough to lock in something that doesn't exist to begin with....
    I guess I should have used the sarcasm tags to make it clear that it was a joke. Such are the limitations of the internet.

Post Thanks / Like

And I should have used the winkie emoticon to signal that I understood it was a joke! Forgive me--I always like to get on the soapbox about the term "mojo", whose primary purpose seems to be the justification of exorbitant pricing....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive me--I always like to get on the soapbox about the term "mojo", whose primary purpose seems to be the justification of exorbitant pricing....
    I know. That's part of why I was baiting you!

It's sort of funny to realize the power of nuances when it comes to conveying subtleties like sarcasm. Had I used anything other than a period (e.g. ellipsis, exclamation mark, etc.) at the end of the sentences where I was being sarcastic, I imagine the sarcasm/joke would have been more obvious. As you mention, I think that's the role emoticons frequently play in forum-land.

Anyway, the point is that you have a mighty-fine looking pedal there, DVM. I'm quite tempted, but I'm resisting fairly well so far. Must...stay...strong...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pedal duhvoodooman***, i have enough pedals at the moment so count me out at the moment, there is nothing like a good handbuilt pedal compared to the mass produced sh*** that must people buy....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Anyway, the point is that you have a mighty-fine looking pedal there, DVM. I'm quite tempted, but I'm resisting fairly well so far. Must...stay...strong...
    Resistance is futile! Submit and be assimilated into the Klon collective!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

** BUMP **

Still available. C'mon guys--chance to pick up a neo-classic pedal at a fraction of what the "real thing" goes for!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, as we've discussed in the past, I'm not one for lots of pedals, and this has all been a pretty recent journey for me. Your 'verb pedal has been great BTW.

With the purchase of my '65 Ampeg Jet, I've been wanting a pedal to get the breakup earlier, or simply add some breakup artificially, aka, OD pedal. I find all the descriptions a bit bewildering.

I'd pretty much settled on a Full Drive 2, because, from what I've read, it's got a great clean boost, and a great OD, and it's reasonably priced. Would the Klon Clone do the same sort of things? that's the impression I get. I know you're not just out to move a pedal, but to see dudes enjoying their rigs, so I feel safe asking for the comparison.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD!!

Thanks for looking....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD!!

Thanks for looking....
    dayam. hoping that would collect dust for another week....

if you build another, PLEASE let me know.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan