Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
FF: I am a little confused with the pictures. At one point you mentioned voiding the warranty if you put a pick gaurd on the Epi. In some pictures, You show the Epi Sans gaurd, and some with, and vice versa. Is this trick photography or are you swapping them back and forth?
I will be more interested in the 3 way comparison between the Epi with the US pickups, the Standard and the Agile.
Try to use one setting on your amps and pedals for all three. It will really become apparent which is the nicest tone.
I put the bell knobs and pickguard from the Agile on the Epi, but didn't actually mount the guard on the guitar. It's held there by tension alone. I do think the Agile looks great without the guard, although I'll be putting a black one on there soon enough.

We played all three last night, switching between the amphs and players. In my personal opinion, the Tribute has the edge in tone. I believe my brother would agree. The more I play/listen to the Tribute, the more impressed I am with the tone. I'm okay with the Agile sounding different than the Epi, since there wouldn't be much point in having two nearly identical guitars that also sound the same. I'm not sure where the LP Standard falls in with the other two; I'd say it's sort of in the middle, as far as tone. We'll be playing more today, so I'll have more updates later this weekend.